You've Got Grail! The Valuation Thread

Arcade games, artwork, kit pieces...
Topics are pruned after 90 days of inactivity.
pubjoe
Fosters Political Ambitions
Re: You've Got Grail! The Valuation Thread

Post by pubjoe »

Version differences: https://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=40162

Not much to say about that ebay listing really. It's just the asking price of someone who's in no rush to sell. That's the new (1996) release.

Are you buying or selling? If buying don't buy that. If selling and it's the 1996 version it might be a tough sell on forums. It sounds like it's mainly just shorter music loops but we're picky. I'd put it on ebay and underprice that seller's.

I shouldn't have mentioned cools. Just joking and nothing to do with me. Friend benefit I think. :whoopsie:

Price examples are all over the place tbh. When I bought mine a couple of other sellers were asking around €600+. There's a completed auction on ebay described as parted from a damaged machine and sold on offer ($320). From experience, a buyer offer could mean anything 🤷🏻‍♂️ someone on ebay yesterday offered me some trade items plus cash my way.
NASguy

Post by NASguy »

I constantly laugh at ebay being the absolute worst place in the world to buy Jamma stuff, it's like a stupid flea market vendor with a huge ego x10, everything is priceless and the best game ever, of course they always ask full price regardless of the condition at all and have no clue about vetting their own board. I'm really glad I don't collect anymore and am happy with what I have left. Current day gamers can't be enjoying themselves slogging through this, you want to put a down payment on a new car or buy a Cave board? One of those things will help you progress in life, one won't. Mental illness. Last time I was in Japan boards were way cheaper than ebay (this was 2015), of course I'm not talking about the gaijin traps in Tokyo/Osaka where they have to price things because morons like JAPJAC (Leading pioneer and expert in the field of Japanese videogame playing, studying & collecting in the U.K. since day one' © 2001. Japan resident & TFP founder.) clean out their stock, but shops in other areas/suburbs etc (i.e. the real world). I would rather catch a flight and take my chances shopping on foot anyday over online now, at least you get an experience out of it and excercise
pubjoe
Fosters Political Ambitions

Post by pubjoe »

eBay's a variety. Ten years ago I'd have agreed with you more fully but today I don't mind it. Sellers are held to a certain standard and I've been having a pretty good experience buying and selling there over the last few years. I think I have a functioning radar for which moronic listings to ignore though.

A lot of buyers don't want to camp on forums and would rather spend more with fees outside of the clique from a well rated seller with eBay's protection. Can't blame them for that. Mate's rates were hundreds of pounds ago anyway. Forum prices aren't always better than ebay anymore.

All this depends though. That Raiden DX is a bit much for the version imo.
NASguy

Post by NASguy »

I agree ebay can be a great experience and there is variance, just not for gaming or anything else normies are after from my experience, you are basically buying from scalpers on there even when the seller isn't one, because the price is the price, which moron sellers and whale buyers set sady. Try buying a sealed games system sometime, when it costs more than retail in a store you get hit with the full absurdity. To add another layer, people even buy things just to reflip regardless if they are even a gamer, so if you list something at a good price you will probably get sniped by a flipping bot. I buy a lot of books on ebay and some vinyl, been doing it for 20 years, neither of those have ever caught the eyes of the masses really, because most people don't read and collecting vinyl is absurd when majority use music streaming memberships. To be honest I avoid selling anything gaming related on ebay, and if I am forced to I list it at full price because I also am not dumb, even still I get bombarded with people messaging me to drop the price or give free shipping, some with obvious reseller accounts. :lol: I remember there used to be a guy on KLOV who would always message about buying your board and would give you a sobstory it was for his kid and could you please just drop the price, then he would flip it on ebay, so the seeds of this happening have been around even back then.
pubjoe wrote: July 21st, 2023, 9:34 pmForum prices aren't always better than ebay anymore.
And that's understandable, because no one is stupid enough to cut friend prices anymore when someone is liable to just flip the board afterwards and make a tidy profit. A place like NG.com used to get flak for gatekeeping their selling forums/memberships but they are smelling roses right now if they kept those standards held into current day. The crowds ruined everything tbh
Pete
Retired
eBay: arcave

Post by Pete »

eBay is great for offloading junk that you don't want anyone knowing you bought in the first place.
geotrig
Potato!
eBay: ._.

Post by geotrig »

:lol: so true
NASguy

Post by NASguy »

I sell all my strip majong boards on ebay :lol:
ChrisBEANS
moneyspendingexpert.com
eBay: chrismartinlewis
Initials: BNS

Post by ChrisBEANS »

Pete wrote: July 22nd, 2023, 9:17 am eBay is great for offloading junk that you don't want anyone knowing you bought in the first place.
I’ve had two Guwange off of eBay for a total of about £1600.

First one worked a treat and I traded for some cool stuff, then I regretted that trade, took a punt on a bundle that included Guwange. It came with background layer corruption, which the glorious and double handsome @Monstermug diagnosed and fixed in about ten minutes flat.

I love eBay!!
Svovl
eBay: clemensnk
Initials: CNK

Post by Svovl »

I'm looking for a price estimate on:
Shienryu S-TV cartridge with Sega ST-V mainboard
jugemscloud
Monster Basher

Post by jugemscloud »

toying with the idea about selling up some boards (please don't pm, if i do decide to sell stuff will be listed and sold from a thread)

prices are guesses, some have art but just looking to confirm if the below is correct or low in the current market for board only, region is japan unless stated

fire shark (world) - 500
truxton 2 (world/korean?)- 600
vimana - 4-500
outzone - 450
dogyuun - 7-800
grind stormer - 800
batsugun - 1600+
snos bros 2 - ???

kingdom gp - £1000-1200

dodonpachi - 1500
ddp dai ou jou dual rom - 1200?

also what's would be the value for an snk candy18/videogame cabinet, i was thinking low end at 2k - everything is original and unrestored (except the loom i believe) original marquee holder with the screen printing but no ashtray holder arm probably (but has the nub to put one in). something like a 7/8 out of 10 for condition. its a bit of a weird one as it has a video game illumination panel but a candy 18 control panel
zak
Acetated
eBay: NA

Post by zak »

jugemscloud wrote: July 27th, 2023, 3:04 pm toying with the idea about selling up some boards (please don't pm, if i do decide to sell stuff will be listed and sold from a thread)

prices are guesses, some have art but just looking to confirm if the below is correct or low in the current market for board only, region is japan unless stated

fire shark (world) - 500
vimana - 4-500
outzone - 450
dogyuun - 7-800
grind stormer - 800
batsugun - 1600+
snos bros 2 - ???

kingdom gp - £1000-1200

dodonpachi - 1500

also what's would be the value for an snk candy18/videogame cabinet, i was thinking low end at 2k - everything is original and unrestored (except the loom i believe) original marquee holder with the screen printing but no ashtray holder arm probably (but has the nub to put one in). something like a 7/8 out of 10 for condition. its a bit of a weird one as it has a video game illumination panel but a candy 18 control panel
Your PCB prices are spot on. DOJ might be a bit on the higher side.

Japanese Outzone can go for 100 more if it's mint.

EDIT - clean Vimana can also go for more.
jugemscloud
Monster Basher

Post by jugemscloud »

zak wrote: July 27th, 2023, 3:58 pm
jugemscloud wrote: July 27th, 2023, 3:04 pm toying with the idea about selling up some boards (please don't pm, if i do decide to sell stuff will be listed and sold from a thread)

fire shark (world) - 500
vimana - 4-500
outzone - 450
dogyuun - 7-800
grind stormer - 800
batsugun - 1600+
snos bros 2 - ???

kingdom gp - £1000-1200

dodonpachi - 1500

Your PCB prices are spot on. DOJ might be a bit on the higher side.

Japanese Outzone can go for 100 more if it's mint.

EDIT - clean Vimana can also go for more.
cheers zak any idea on the snk cab as cabs aren't something i follow too closely, i wasn't sure if the size/rarity would affect it compared to the snk 25s as a baseline
geotrig
Potato!

Post by geotrig »

Those candy 18s are hard value as have seen many traded publicly in a long while... As snk cabs go they are like the pony mkiv of the family but great small form factor
ChrisBEANS
moneyspendingexpert.com
eBay: chrismartinlewis
Initials: BNS

Post by ChrisBEANS »

What does @zak know about SNK cabs anyway??
monkmyst
eBay: none

Post by monkmyst »

Kung Fu Taikun by seibu kaihatsu?

Don't see it listed on klov database, uses a microphone interface. Someone good at japan do the thing, please :p
zak
Acetated
eBay: NA

Post by zak »

ChrisBEANS wrote: July 27th, 2023, 10:23 pm What does @zak know about SNK cabs anyway??
Not a lot :shifty:
geotrig
Potato!

Post by geotrig »

monkmyst wrote: July 31st, 2023, 4:43 pm Kung Fu Taikun by seibu kaihatsu?

Don't see it listed on klov database, uses a microphone interface. Someone good at japan do the thing, please :p
Any picture of it? As I can't figure out the above :lol: . . .
arcnl

Post by arcnl »

geotrig wrote: July 31st, 2023, 9:50 pm
monkmyst wrote: July 31st, 2023, 4:43 pm Kung Fu Taikun by seibu kaihatsu?

Any picture of it? As I can't figure out the above :lol: . . .
According to mame the microphone is not strictly needed
https://github.com/mamedev/mame/blob/ma ... bu/wiz.cpp
monkmyst
eBay: none

Post by monkmyst »

The thing that people do, you know, the yoke with the japan and the knowledge and all that, that's all I'm after!

No pictures to hand but the next chance I will get some, as far as I can see there are no pictures of the game board at all on the Internet.

I did see that when the game boots up in mame it tells you that microphone is missing and buttons can used instead.
geotrig
Potato!

Post by geotrig »

No idea what your on about