You've Got Grail! The Valuation Thread

Arcade games, artwork, kit pieces...
Topics are pruned after 90 days of inactivity.
pubjoe
Fosters Political Ambitions
Re: You've Got Grail! The Valuation Thread

Post by pubjoe »

Those are some fairly niche examples tbf Chris. There are general factors, but then there are the niche item factors that depend on the means of a handful of people. Could be anything going on with a small buyer and seller market, from you and NeoGold already owning Batrider, to Jan's roof needing repair.

That GB2 probably was a little comparatively low though. Or GB1 comparatively high 🤷🏻‍♂️
pubjoe
Fosters Political Ambitions

Post by pubjoe »

For what it's worth I've gone balls deep in arcade stuff at 2021-2022 prices, so I'm in the :think: .... 'interested in value' boat. Some items I think I got a good deal, some I didn't. It's just best guess. If I have to sell, I guess profit/loss depends on a buyer market but it's not like there are always buyers waiting and ready. The biggest factor would be how much of a rush I'm in to get rid.
geotrig
Potato!
eBay: ._.

Post by geotrig »

what pj said and all that and its summer time ,people tend to think about hols and stuff around now rather than pcbs ! !its all ok Chris i've had a tendency to overpay for **** games that somehow became cheaper afterwards ,at least batrider is great !
zak
Acetated
eBay: NA

Post by zak »

@ChrisBEANS your Batrider is in much nicer shape than the one on eBay. Damaged or missing labels and visible repairs also bring the value down.
ChrisBEANS
moneyspendingexpert.com
eBay: chrismartinlewis
Initials: BNS

Post by ChrisBEANS »

Yeah, no complaints at all on my end, I was looking, I knew what I was prepared to pay, and it came very well looked after and from a good guy, I’m just surprised tho see one sitting unsold nearly £300 cheaper…

When I was looking and they were coming up they’d always sell straight away to the first guy that saw the post!

Anyway, to put this back on track, I’m pretty sure I’ve found Espgaluda II to complete my collection. To fund it, I really need to move some stuff on…

Is £800 about right for a Darksoft CPS2 multi with the key writing update?
Last edited by ChrisBEANS on July 14th, 2022, 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
geotrig
Potato!
eBay: ._.

Post by geotrig »

no idea but i need to look at this key writing update :think:
F86
eBay: Brighedai

Post by F86 »

CONDITIONS
Monstermug
eBay: Monstermug
Initials: SON

Post by Monstermug »

buffi wrote: July 9th, 2022, 2:12 pm Anyone seen any recent sales of Grindstormer?
There was a v-v on yahoo yesterday. Not had time to check if its sold. U can change region with button inputs which is cool. Forgot the combination though. I think i paid 300 for mine 8 years ago. Like razing prices gone nuts. Great game which nobody really talks about.
Monstermug

Post by Monstermug »

Also what i find wierd is prices seem to be silly but whenever i sell something cheap nobody wants to buy it :problem:
RMRM

Post by RMRM »

Monstermug wrote: July 16th, 2022, 11:26 pm
U can change region with button inputs which is cool. Forgot the combination though. I think i paid 300 for mine 8 years ago. Like razing prices gone nuts. Great game which nobody really talks about.
Sorry about the off-topic but really curious about this. By region, you mean change between V-V and Grind Stormer?

I burned an eprom for that, had no idea you had an alternative. I wait for your feedback and thank you in advance.
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

I looked through the Toaplan driver in Mame. There's no mention of being able to swap regions by pressing buttons in Grindstormer.
Monstermug

Post by Monstermug »

RMRM wrote: July 18th, 2022, 12:34 pm
Monstermug wrote: July 16th, 2022, 11:26 pm
U can change region with button inputs which is cool. Forgot the combination though. I think i paid 300 for mine 8 years ago. Like razing prices gone nuts. Great game which nobody really talks about.
Sorry about the off-topic but really curious about this. By region, you mean change between V-V and Grind Stormer?

I burned an eprom for that, had no idea you had an alternative. I wait for your feedback and thank you in advance.
You press the all buttons while game is booting. Jump up and down three times. Add 2 credits then do a cartwheel.

Seriously though i cant remember the code. I may have written it down but will need to find my pcb to see if i did. It worked on changing v-v to grindstormer. Resets on restart. No idea if it will work other way around.

Here is proof that there is a code. I 100% know there is one as i saw it for my own eyes. Only did it once for fun but realised Japan versuon is better.

https://aaronkraten.tumblr.com/post/171 ... 93-fun-and
Monstermug

Post by Monstermug »

nem wrote: July 18th, 2022, 4:52 pm I looked through the Toaplan driver in Mame. There's no mention of being able to swap regions by pressing buttons in Grindstormer.
If u search google there is post on either shumps with the code. My googlefu is not as good as it used to be. Or maybe ask Zak. Hes like one drive cloud storage system.
thechop
Not as old as Ralph

Post by thechop »

Insert coin, then press →←B←↓A↑←
Monstermug

Post by Monstermug »

I remembered doing cartwheels. Maybe it was from the excitment that it worked? :oops:
thechop
Not as old as Ralph

Post by thechop »

I made that up, if it works it’s a bloody good guess.
zak
Acetated
eBay: NA

Post by zak »

"This code changes the game into "Bomber version", basically turning it into Grindstormer".

Insert coin, then press →←B←↓A↑←

https://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5818
Monstermug

Post by Monstermug »

If that code doesnt change the tittle screen to grindstormer on a vv then there is another code that does it. Unfortunatly resets on power down. Maybe you could fit a battery backup ram to it to hold the data in to fix it.
CFO
eBay: www.ebay.com/usr/biggar109

Post by CFO »

Are there PCBs that come with default US or World EPROMs that boot to Grind Stormer? I've never seen one for sale in 10+ years, if so they are definitely more rare than V-V.
Monstermug

Post by Monstermug »

There are world versions of Grind stormer. But why would you want one when you can have both. V-V is more fun version. One of those Toaplan games that nobody really talks about yet is so fun. Saw one for sale last week on yahoo I think. Might be still there.