You've Got Grail! The Valuation Thread

Arcade games, artwork, kit pieces...
Topics are pruned after 90 days of inactivity.
thegreathopper
Geese's Bodyguard
eBay: thegreathopper
Initials: STV

Re: You've Got Grail! The Valuation Thread

Post by thegreathopper »

Monstermug wrote: July 1st, 2022, 7:20 am
thegreathopper wrote: June 23rd, 2022, 10:24 pm Sony PVM - 9042QM 9 inch Monitor with RGB input, any one have a value please. :wink:

Thanks!
£90 if good condition. Ignore all those dumb prices on ebay.
Excellent condition that I can see, cheers both. I have probably over priced the Ikegami so better drop that one.

Cheers both. :D
thegreathopper
Geese's Bodyguard

JVC BM-H1400 pro CRT monitor 14 inch.

Post by thegreathopper »

Great picture on this monitor, again I have no idea of its value,,,does @200 sound about right, RGB, S video and composite inputs, Thanks :awe:

eBay: nofleabay

Post by 729 »

How much is one expected to actually pay for a Deathsmiles Mega Black Label either full kit or loose PCB?

Thanks.
Last edited by 729 on July 4th, 2022, 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cripeuss
eBay: shame-and-blame
Initials: PHL

Post by Cripeuss »

729 wrote: July 3rd, 2022, 9:54 pm How much is one expected to pay for a Deathsmiles Mega Black Label either full kit or loose PCB?

Thanks.
One was sold here last month for 4200 euros: viewtopic.php?t=44203

I'm not sure if it included any artwork/extras or was just the board only.
eBay: nofleabay

Post by 729 »

Cripeuss wrote: July 4th, 2022, 7:41 am
729 wrote: July 3rd, 2022, 9:54 pm How much is one expected to pay for a Deathsmiles Mega Black Label either full kit or loose PCB?

Thanks.
One was sold here last month for 4200 euros: viewtopic.php?t=44203

I'm not sure if it included any artwork/extras or was just the board only.
One day… :(
ChrisBEANS
moneyspendingexpert.com
eBay: chrismartinlewis
Initials: BNS

Post by ChrisBEANS »

Darksoft CPS2 multi, A & B boards (obviously). I think it’s in an X Men Vs Street Fighter if that matters?

It’s the older kit (not the Champions Edition later version), but it’s got the latest firmware for key writing.
TMallu

Post by TMallu »

Ninja Masters MVS loose? :shifty:
thegreathopper
Geese's Bodyguard

Post by thegreathopper »

TMallu wrote: July 4th, 2022, 7:52 pm Ninja Masters MVS loose? :shifty:
Got to be worth £170 with a good English label, it’s a great game.
Monstermug
eBay: Monstermug
Initials: SON

Post by Monstermug »

arcnl wrote: July 1st, 2022, 8:03 am Why would you ignore those "dumb" prices, are you santa? This one sold for over 200 quid:
https://www.ebay.nl/itm/165502388612
No but why would you buy that when you can buy this for £90 instead? He offered it to me for £110 which I declined.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sony-HR-Trin ... 7675.l2557

Only useful application I can find for a 9 inch screen is a bench test monitor. Well unless you live in a caravan in which case you shouldn't really be wasting your money on broadcast monitors anyway.
buffi

Post by buffi »

Anyone seen any recent sales of Grindstormer?
Ddshot
eBay: Camp-dea

Post by Ddshot »

buffi wrote: July 9th, 2022, 2:12 pm Anyone seen any recent sales of Grindstormer?
One went on shmups forum think was around nov 2021 for £700 was the jp version V-V
Ddshot
eBay: Camp-dea

Post by Ddshot »

Tryed to post link but won’t post it went for £620 seller was garzz32
quarkstarmuffin
eBay: dogfishheadatecatdog

Post by quarkstarmuffin »

buffi wrote: July 9th, 2022, 2:12 pm Anyone seen any recent sales of Grindstormer?
I bought a V-V in December for 800 euro
AxBattler
Initials: MS

Post by AxBattler »

VV went for 600€ with original arts few months ago on the french board

https://www.neo-arcadia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=77736
garrz32

Post by garrz32 »

Ddshot wrote: July 9th, 2022, 3:30 pm Tryed to post link but won’t post it went for £620 seller was garzz32
Indeed, that was mine. Sold for £600 in fact. struggled to sell that board strangely :wtf: :eh:
buffi

Post by buffi »

Thanks, so around 700-800eur then.
Will probably list mine for 750 and see if someone bites
quarkstarmuffin
eBay: dogfishheadatecatdog

Post by quarkstarmuffin »

I also just remembered that there's some important region differences between Grindstormer and V-V (the removal of the power-up bar) so that may also affect the value relative to the Japanese version.
ChrisBEANS
moneyspendingexpert.com
eBay: chrismartinlewis
Initials: BNS

Post by ChrisBEANS »

What’s going on with prices in general?!

Seems the cost of living issues are starting to bring prices down, right? Then there are some random bits that are all over the place.

For example, I listed a cab here and on UKVAC for £700 and got a couple of ‘good price, great price’ type comments… dropped the price £50 each week And currently at £550 With no takers.

Then there’s the Batrider that was on here and has since been on eBay for months.
There was a time when any Batrider that came up was snatched quick sharp, and the prices were going up and up.
I think I might have the very dubious credit of buying one of the most expensive non kit (at I think around £1900) just a few months ago :lolno:
Now this one on eBay, is sitting unsold after starting around £2k and since dropping to currently just over £1600.

Then today, listed here were a Gunbird and a Gunbird 2. Both went for £300, very quickly, but as someone who’s had a casual interest in the two I’d have thought that a minty Japanese GB2 should be worth a bit more, and an original GB should actually be a decent chunk less. It sold quickly, so must be priced correctly, but I’m surprised to see it.

Lastly, I asked for a valuation on a Darksoft CPS2 multi I’m going to move on. Nobody came back in the thread, but I received a direct message telling me ‘at least’ £800, which seems high!!

I’ve not been here long, but in the couple of years I’ve been paying attention it’s not been as chaotic as this!

Apologies if this should have been it’s own thread, but seemed appropriate for here…
Last edited by ChrisBEANS on July 12th, 2022, 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
monkmyst
eBay: none

Post by monkmyst »

Prices in general have just gone too high. Couple that with the impending apocalypse, and cost of living all ready getting stupid, it's all just grinding to a halt.

Arcade stuff is a luxury on the owners side, It's unlikely that many have over stretched themselves so I'd guess that people are just happier to hang on than sell.

On the buyer side, yeah, it's just gotten a bit hard to justify, people will only jump in if it's an actually good/discounted price. I wanted to get a punisher pcb but I'm just not going to pay the going numbers.

I was telling a friend a while back that I wish things were cheaper, even including the things I own. He thought I was mad, why would I want the value of my own stuff to drop? Well, I'd certainly buy and sell a lot more if things weren't so high like I used to.

Overall I think things are just a stalemate at the moment, much less circulation. Probably going to stay that way for a while.
geotrig
Potato!
eBay: ._.

Post by geotrig »

Prices tended to fluctuate more years ago and seemed to go up and down more in general unlike recent years where they only went up ! I reckon the early 00's with easy access to credit and money drove prices down as everything was "disposible" per se and new gen stuff still coming out along with many other factors as well , now people are being cautious on their spends somewhat and high prices help re enforce that.

gunbirds seem about right to me, cave boards /shmups seems to have a bit of peak over the last year with some more interest / demand on them. fatigue from the hobby maybe ?,seems to be a few getting out of it and we are getting older and wiser ! :lolno:

also multi :problem: ruin everthing boo hiss and all that , and i sa that as someone who has one as well :P :problem: