You've Got Grail! The Valuation Thread

Arcade games, artwork, kit pieces...
Topics are pruned after 90 days of inactivity.
User avatar
zak
Posts: 866
Joined: October 19th, 2014, 1:35 pm
Location: UK
eBay: NA

Re: You've Got Grail!?? AKA The Speculate Wildly Thread

Post by zak » May 23rd, 2018, 12:07 am

If you have the space :p

User avatar
Spectrexcwk
Posts: 45
Joined: June 8th, 2017, 1:30 am
Location: Norcal :/
eBay: Spectrexcwk
Initials: Nwb

Re: You've Got Grail!?? AKA The Valuation Thread

Post by Spectrexcwk » May 23rd, 2018, 3:34 am

EOJ wrote:
Spectrexcwk wrote:
monouchi wrote:Most Cave pcbs has taken a dive.
For ex not so long ago DFK 1.5 went for crazy money, now they are dropping. One has been on Surugaya a long time.
I’ve always thought owning cave stuff was more out of pride than actual desire to play. The games are mind-blowingly difficult and absurdly expensive to boot.
Most people I know who buy these PCBs play them. And that's why they buy them. I think there is a small minority of people buying them for collection purposes only. I don't know anyone who buys them "out of pride" (whatever that means).

I wouldn't call most of them 'mind-blowingly difficult' either.

PS: Batrider isn't a Cave game.
1. Pride is the wrong term i guess. Maybe the better way to phrase is "to show off". I think for a lot of gamers who can't play shmups , bullet hell games look damn impressive. I wasn't trying to imply the hypothetical "show off" buyer wouldn't be playing the game at all. Just that this hypothetical person may be willing to pay an inflated price to show off to others they were able to acquire this very niche item.
As a former sneaker collector cave games remind of classic Jordan's. An almost essential piece of many collections. Often the pride and joy of their owners. And love it or hate it, you certainly have an opinion on it. I dunno none of this may make any sense.

2. As for the difficulty - Here (http://shmuplations.com/scorer2/) is an interview where it looks like a player took 7 years to clear DDDP:DOJ Death Label. I'm sure this a super extreme example. However beating i dunno Street Fighter 3 or Final Fight in one credit is probably doable by any competent player with a week of free time to kill. I don't think I can't say the same for *insert cave shmup here.* Among those who are competent in bullet hell - I'm sure many Cave games can be considered quite doable. For those with no experience in the genre (me and every one I know), bullet hell is famously intimidating.

3. Oops on batrider. I was watching that and some cps 1.5 stuff on yahoo auctions japan a while back. They all ended up going for crazy money imo. Those auction prices fueled my post so I didn't even realize the error. Thanks for pointing it out.

I really wasn't trying to imply any negativity toward anyone collector or otherwise with my comment btw! Seriously it was more amusement at how insane the price of everything has gotten. Not just Cave. Their stuff is just the most easily understood example.

kuze
Posts: 84
Joined: September 29th, 2013, 5:09 pm
Location:

Re: You've Got Grail!?? AKA The Speculate Wildly Thread

Post by kuze » May 23rd, 2018, 4:27 am

Some Cave games are considered 'doable' by many 'novice' players like myself. Futari BL and Futari 1.5 for example can be done in less than a month for sure. Same with Batrider (Raizing) Normal mode.

zumbito
Posts: 642
Joined: February 18th, 2015, 12:03 am
Location: Metro City
eBay: jaime5171

Re: You've Got Grail!?? AKA The Speculate Wildly Thread

Post by zumbito » May 23rd, 2018, 8:56 am

Any idea about how much original Asterix, Rambo III and Double Dragon PCBs might be going for nowadays?

User avatar
geotrig
Potato!
Posts: 6576
Joined: December 5th, 2008, 1:14 pm
Location: ._.
eBay: ._.

Re: You've Got Grail!?? AKA The Speculate Wildly Thread

Post by geotrig » May 23rd, 2018, 8:58 am

zumbito wrote:Any idea about how much original Asterix, Rambo III and Double Dragon PCBs might be going for nowadays?
Double dragon is about 100-120 mostly , i would guess about 100 for asterix but that is just a guess.

User avatar
pubjoe
Fosters Political Ambitions
Posts: 9624
Joined: August 19th, 2008, 8:58 am
Location:

Re: You've Got Grail!?? AKA The Valuation Thread

Post by pubjoe » May 23rd, 2018, 9:05 am

Spectrexcwk wrote:Pride is the wrong term i guess. Maybe the better way to phrase is "to show off".
You doubled down. :D I was thinking ‘pride’? Fair enough. I can’t speak for the elite or even semi-elite but personally, I could settle for emulation yet I’ve been proud to needlessly own certain things that I love. I’ve never bought Cave but I can’t deny when I’ve had to save up for something (on a much smaller budget) there’s a certain amount of pride that factors into the purchase and no doubt price. That must apply to everyone. We’re only human.

I thought people *might* have taken a little too much offence, but nope. :awe:

zumbito
Posts: 642
Joined: February 18th, 2015, 12:03 am
Location: Metro City
eBay: jaime5171

Re: You've Got Grail!?? AKA The Speculate Wildly Thread

Post by zumbito » May 23rd, 2018, 9:28 am

geotrig wrote:
zumbito wrote:Any idea about how much original Asterix, Rambo III and Double Dragon PCBs might be going for nowadays?
Double dragon is about 100-120 mostly , i would guess about 100 for asterix but that is just a guess.
I see, I was expecting DD to be a bit higher. Thanks!!

User avatar
geotrig
Potato!
Posts: 6576
Joined: December 5th, 2008, 1:14 pm
Location: ._.
eBay: ._.

Re: You've Got Grail!?? AKA The Speculate Wildly Thread

Post by geotrig » May 23rd, 2018, 9:53 am

I've definitely seen it for sale for 100 and 120 (both posted prices )not so long ago and really its not worth much more , dd2 sells for a small bit more but doesnt come up as often , for a long time dd was hanging around 60/70 quid.

User avatar
OlDirty
Posts: 291
Joined: January 12th, 2015, 8:26 pm
Location: Switzerland

Re: You've Got Grail!?? AKA The Valuation Thread

Post by OlDirty » May 23rd, 2018, 5:11 pm

Spectrexcwk wrote:
1. Pride is the wrong term i guess. Maybe the better way to phrase is "to show off". I think for a lot of gamers who can't play shmups , bullet hell games look damn impressive. I wasn't trying to imply the hypothetical "show off" buyer wouldn't be playing the game at all. Just that this hypothetical person may be willing to pay an inflated price to show off to others they were able to acquire this very niche item.
As a former sneaker collector cave games remind of classic Jordan's. An almost essential piece of many collections. Often the pride and joy of their owners. And love it or hate it, you certainly have an opinion on it. I dunno none of this may make any sense.

2. As for the difficulty - Here (http://shmuplations.com/scorer2/) is an interview where it looks like a player took 7 years to clear DDDP:DOJ Death Label. I'm sure this a super extreme example. However beating i dunno Street Fighter 3 or Final Fight in one credit is probably doable by any competent player with a week of free time to kill. I don't think I can't say the same for *insert cave shmup here.* Among those who are competent in bullet hell - I'm sure many Cave games can be considered quite doable. For those with no experience in the genre (me and every one I know), bullet hell is famously intimidating.

3. Oops on batrider. I was watching that and some cps 1.5 stuff on yahoo auctions japan a while back. They all ended up going for crazy money imo. Those auction prices fueled my post so I didn't even realize the error. Thanks for pointing it out.

I really wasn't trying to imply any negativity toward anyone collector or otherwise with my comment btw! Seriously it was more amusement at how insane the price of everything has gotten. Not just Cave. Their stuff is just the most easily understood example.
If you compare Cave game prices to those for Neo Geo AES games, they are still "cheap" :wtf:

User avatar
Jan
“Egrets, I’ve had a few...”
Posts: 3543
Joined: August 17th, 2008, 7:56 pm
Location: Germany
eBay: voll gerne

Re: You've Got Grail!?? AKA The Speculate Wildly Thread

Post by Jan » May 23rd, 2018, 5:52 pm

**** neo geo homecarts

User avatar
crunchywasp
stompin' an' jumpin'
Posts: 8775
Joined: February 10th, 2012, 2:51 pm
Location: Fife, Scotland
eBay: crunchywasp
Initials: MAK

Re: You've Got Grail!?? AKA The Speculate Wildly Thread

Post by crunchywasp » May 23rd, 2018, 6:45 pm

8-) :thumbup:

**** them up Terry’s ****.

User avatar
markedkiller78
Pony fucker
Posts: 7265
Joined: August 17th, 2008, 6:53 pm
Location: Glasgow
eBay: markedkiller78
Initials: MAL

Re: You've Got Grail!?? AKA The Speculate Wildly Thread

Post by markedkiller78 » May 23rd, 2018, 7:07 pm

**** Neo Geo.

£6,000 for SDOJ or some golf game that’s £30 on MVS :think:

User avatar
pubjoe
Fosters Political Ambitions
Posts: 9624
Joined: August 19th, 2008, 8:58 am
Location:

Re: You've Got Grail!?? AKA The Speculate Wildly Thread

Post by pubjoe » May 23rd, 2018, 9:25 pm

crunchywasp wrote: 8-) :thumbup:

**** them up Terry’s ****.
:whoopsie:

User avatar
Sunder
Posts: 160
Joined: August 31st, 2017, 12:13 pm
Location: Slovakia
eBay: sunderaj82
Initials: SUN

Re: You've Got Grail!?? AKA The Speculate Wildly Thread

Post by Sunder » May 23rd, 2018, 11:37 pm

I really can't stand the NeoGeo collector crowd. Bunch of elitist aholes.

User avatar
geotrig
Potato!
Posts: 6576
Joined: December 5th, 2008, 1:14 pm
Location: ._.
eBay: ._.

Re: You've Got Grail!?? AKA The Speculate Wildly Thread

Post by geotrig » May 23rd, 2018, 11:48 pm

Be careful ,they might sue you, they are all lawyers you know. :lolno:

User avatar
Sunder
Posts: 160
Joined: August 31st, 2017, 12:13 pm
Location: Slovakia
eBay: sunderaj82
Initials: SUN

Re: You've Got Grail!?? AKA The Speculate Wildly Thread

Post by Sunder » May 24th, 2018, 1:47 am

Hey you don't have to be racist. :lol:

User avatar
Rossyra
Supermod
Posts: 8254
Joined: February 12th, 2009, 1:24 am
Location: UK

Re: You've Got Grail!?? AKA The Speculate Wildly Thread

Post by Rossyra » May 24th, 2018, 11:25 am

pubjoe wrote:
crunchywasp wrote: 8-) :thumbup:

**** them up Terry’s ****.
:whoopsie:
Come on Joe, let's see it again.
Image

User avatar
rugdoctor
Posts: 632
Joined: June 23rd, 2010, 5:45 am
Location: New Zealand, Wellington
Initials: KLM
Contact:

Re: You've Got Grail!?? AKA The Speculate Wildly Thread

Post by rugdoctor » May 24th, 2018, 3:46 pm

Cranking the grailficulty to 9 for Neogeo collecting
AE7C45EA-B05D-4150-ACBE-75AB1B1B586E.jpeg
Just seen it on Twitter...

User avatar
zak
Posts: 866
Joined: October 19th, 2014, 1:35 pm
Location: UK
eBay: NA

Re: You've Got Grail!?? AKA The Speculate Wildly Thread

Post by zak » May 24th, 2018, 6:16 pm

rugdoctor wrote:Cranking the grailficulty to 9 for Neogeo collecting
AE7C45EA-B05D-4150-ACBE-75AB1B1B586E.jpeg
Just seen it on Twitter...
Is there any other way to play Neo Geo in a cab?

User avatar
yosai
280bpm's too slow
Posts: 3642
Joined: August 17th, 2008, 5:00 pm
Location: London
eBay: yosai

Re: You've Got Grail!?? AKA The Speculate Wildly Thread

Post by yosai » May 24th, 2018, 7:17 pm

No.

Post Reply