You've Got Grail! The Valuation Thread

Arcade games, artwork, kit pieces...
Topics are pruned after 90 days of inactivity.
Jan
EU trade negotiator
eBay: voll gerne

Re: Have I won the lottery? - No

Post by Jan »

Strikers 1945 - loose pcb , ~100€ ?
pubjoe
Fosters Political Ambitions

Post by pubjoe »

but from a collector prespective a bootleg only worth as much as the materials employed to build it, otherwise we will be seeing CPS1 bootlegs selling for $500 usd since that was what arcade operators used to pay for them back then, but... I'm a cheap **** and I wouldn't pay that much for an original either, so... :roll:
That started out sensible, then went mental.

This isn't the What I'd like it to be worth thread, it's the Have I won the lottery, erm. :eh:
copados33
Please Continue...
eBay: psycho-q

Post by copados33 »

I think the problem is that OP is asking for an advice on pricing about a piece of hardware that was released just a few months ago (a year?) ....which also happens to be a bootleg, and is still being produced by the guy who developed it.. or I think so, so if we all know that OP paid $300 for it ( og. Darksoft price ) why is he asking for an advice on pricing in first place??, why don't he just sell it for the same amount he paid previously?.

IMO that CPS2 multi kit is nothing more than a bootleg, hence it doesn't worth more than $50-70.. really, maybe that could explain why I don't have one, nor do I plan on getting one.
LEGENOARYNINLIA
Kameo-ken
eBay: ⸨◺_◿⸩

Post by LEGENOARYNINLIA »

copados33 wrote:I think the problem is that...
The problem is that someone unloaded a pile of personal bias into a thread where it doesn't belong. This thread is about giving advice and making observations about prices in this hobby. Why would you even say something is a worthless bootleg if you knew the person asking can get at least 300 USD for it?

@bloodhokuto: The "ST scene" made the switch to play 2X a few years ago, so those boards are now in higher demand than before.

In ST the AI is ****, there is a slight speed difference and one command move from Zangief has been neutered. I've been playing ST at Sugoi for about 6+ months now and as a competitive game it's fine. No complaints from me. But it's not much fun against the AI. And I'm used to playing a lot of fighters in single player mode.
Jan
EU trade negotiator

Post by Jan »

Spectre wrote:
copados33 wrote:I think £100 is a fair price, you cannot expect to get that much for a bootleg, it doesn't matter how much money you have burnt on it, bootlegs do not hold any reselling value IMHO
Top trolling
:thumbup:
bloodhokuto
eBay: coryoon

Post by bloodhokuto »

LEGENOARYNINLIA wrote:
@bloodhokuto: The "ST scene" made the switch to play 2X a few years ago, so those boards are now in higher demand than before.

In ST the AI is ****, there is a slight speed difference and one command move from Zangief has been neutered. I've been playing ST at Sugoi for about 6+ months now and as a competitive game it's fine. No complaints from me. But it's not much fun against the AI. And I'm used to playing a lot of fighters in single player mode.
Thanks for that -and the others that replied too, seems I should hang on for an X.

What is a realistic price to pay?
geotrig
Potato!
eBay: ._.

Post by geotrig »

copados33 wrote:I think the problem is that OP is asking for an advice on pricing about a piece of hardware that was released just a few months ago (a year?) ....which also happens to be a bootleg, and is still being produced by the guy who developed it.. or I think so, so if we all know that OP paid $300 for it ( og. Darksoft price ) why is he asking for an advice on pricing in first place??, why don't he just sell it for the same amount he paid previously?.

IMO that CPS2 multi kit is nothing more than a bootleg, hence it doesn't worth more than $50-70.. really, maybe that could explain why I don't have one, nor do I plan on getting one.

just look at it this way ....if people have this it helps alleviate the demand on the "originals" and helps us /me try to get some at a reasonable prices :awe:
Jan
EU trade negotiator

Post by Jan »

is this thread now a place for personal crusades ? Let me know, i have seen a bunch of games that i don`t like here, needless to say they are worth nothing, as i would never buy them.
yosai
Windy City
eBay: yosai

Post by yosai »

If you could that would be :awe:

Try and counter the YHJ shill bidding that's pushed the prices up to start with.
Spectre
By Spectre
eBay: spectre-uk
Initials: JIM

Post by Spectre »

copados33 wrote:I think the problem is that OP is asking for an advice on pricing about a piece of hardware that was released just a few months ago (a year?) ....which also happens to be a bootleg, and is still being produced by the guy who developed it.. or I think so, so if we all know that OP paid $300 for it ( og. Darksoft price ) why is he asking for an advice on pricing in first place??, why don't he just sell it for the same amount he paid previously?.
Because you buy a kit, which you then have to put together, fit on to a donor B board, sort the correct PAL out or do wire work, fit it into the case, attach lcd, sort out an SD card, attach to motherboard etc etc. That all takes time, money for parts and a certain amount of expertise.

If I was selling the boxed kit as it arrived, then yes, I would know exactly what it was worth. But I'm not, so you're talking rubbish. And even if I was, you've now said it would be worth double what you previously said it was?

Anyway, this is all mute as I could have sold it 6 times over by now for 2.5 times what you attempted to assert it was worth, which I reckon is still a good 10% or so below the actual value of the raw materials used. I'm not looking to rip anyone off or profit from my "bootleg", so it's rather odd that you've decided to be so hostile towards me.

As I said before, surely the point of this thread is to ascertain fair market value? That is all I was trying to do. I'm not interested in how you personally feel about said hardware and to try and devalue my stuff maliciously, considering you don't know me from adam, is quite frankly quite rude and imho not in the spirit of this fine community. So long as such "bootlegs" are allowed to be sold here, you should probably learn to deal with it.

*flounce*
copados33
Please Continue...
eBay: psycho-q

Post by copados33 »

I apologize if my comments offended you, it wasn't my intention, I didn't know it was such a hassle to get that thing going, I thought it was plug and play even with the added parts, also, when I said 100 I should have explained myself that I was reffering to uk pounds, or $150 usd, because that was the price I have seen that kit sell for on a Facebook arcade group in which I'm member , and I'm not gonna lie, it got sold fast! (seller needed the money fast).
Spectre
By Spectre
eBay: spectre-uk
Initials: JIM

Post by Spectre »

Oh well, stuff happens, don't worry about it 8-)
markedkiller78
Pony fucker
eBay: markedkiller78
Initials: MAL

Post by markedkiller78 »

yosai wrote:If you could that would be :awe:

Try and counter the YHJ shill bidding that's pushed the prices up to start with.
TMNT, TMNT2 and double dragon, all worth less than nothing. You would need to pay me to use up shelf space :problem:

Edit: that's for originals, boots would obviously be worth significantly less than zero
Jan
EU trade negotiator

Post by Jan »

markedkiller78 wrote:
yosai wrote:If you could that would be :awe:

TMNT, TMNT2 and double dragon, all worth less than nothing. You would need to pay me to use up shelf space :problem:

Edit: that's for originals, boots would obviously be worth significantly less than zero

i agree, following the two-man rule these games are officially worth nothing any more. next...
tart31

Post by tart31 »

Hi Guys quite a long one this :hinthint:
I Need a price for the following to sell

all loose

deathsmiles

muchi muchi pork

TMNT arcade with both 2p and 4p roms

Newzealand story

Boogie wings

Daimakaimura bootleg with 1p start button fault

Thanks in advance
geotrig
Potato!
eBay: ._.

Post by geotrig »

see above tmnt is pretty worthless :awe:
rugdoctor
Please Continue...
Initials: KLM

Post by rugdoctor »

Why pick on UPL :(

They published some of my favourite games which harked the days of the megadrive...like task force Harrier and usaaf mustang and a quick appraisal of those 2 games would be great too :shifty:
Jan
EU trade negotiator

Post by Jan »

geotrig wrote:see above tmnt is pretty worthless :awe:

:lol: :lol: well done °!
tart31

Post by tart31 »

geotrig wrote:see above tmnt is pretty worthless :awe:
Better go to eBay with that one then! :lol: