FS: faulty Rally Bike PCB

Arcade games, artwork, kit pieces...
Topics are pruned after 90 days of inactivity.
suicider
eBay: suicidekiller

FS: faulty Rally Bike PCB

Post by suicider »

just shows a white screen when powered up. 20€ plus shipping

https://abload.de/img/p1090652uck71.jpg
https://abload.de/img/p10906508gjqm.jpg
Last edited by suicider on January 3rd, 2021, 6:25 am, edited 3 times in total.
largekro
eBay: dash-ti
Initials: LGK

Re: FS: some faulty PCBs (Gaia Crusaders + Rally Bike)

Post by largekro »

Gaïa Crusaders, while it’s not a super hyped game, it is nor an easy one to find. It might worth trying to find someone to fix it.
Monstermug
eBay: Monstermug
Initials: SON

Re: FS: some faulty PCBs (Gaia Crusaders + Rally Bike)

Post by Monstermug »

largekro wrote:
January 1st, 2021, 8:43 pm
Gaïa Crusaders, while it’s not a super hyped game, it is nor an easy one to find. It might worth trying to find someone to fix it.
Its okay. It has ended up in the right hands ;)

Just had to reflow the lifted pins on the 240 quad flat pack custom that i think acts as a addressing and processing of the sprites/text roms next to it.

Kinda did mention it when i bought it from him. Stiill was a gamble. The custom could have been ****. :)

Just glad it went to someone who can reflow it properly. The pitch is as fine as the Killer Instinct CPU which I have seen so many people make a total mess off.

All sprites and text restored. Sound may have been the result of some grounding issue with this custom. But It sounds okay to me now the graphics are working again.

largekro

Re: FS: faulty Rally Bike PCB

Post by largekro »

Great new :awe: Did you end up keeping it or selling it ? I love this game even with its draws. It has a nice atmosphere and cool/easy combo mechanics.
Monstermug

Post by Monstermug »

It's going to go in my collection. Just wondering does anybody have this pcb? I've seen videos online and it seems almost all of them have issues with shadows disapearing on characters or flashing or just not there at all. Doesn't seem consistant. Seems like a common problem or just the way the game was designed? Forgot to mention the finishing combo moves are very satisfying. That move never gets boring. Love the way you can change up the combo with punch and kicks and of course ending it all with that finishing combo move.
largekro

Post by largekro »

Got the game a few years ago from a very cool member of Schmups/11 forum. I really never paid attention to the shadow thing, I will have a look this week end and tell you. Sure the finishing move is very satisfying :D
Monstermug

Post by Monstermug »

largekro wrote:
January 8th, 2021, 6:15 pm
Got the game a few years ago from a very cool member of Schmups/11 forum. I really never paid attention to the shadow thing, I will have a look this week end and tell you. Sure the finishing move is very satisfying :D
Thanks for that. Its the shadow under player/enemie characters. I've seen all sorts of flavours. Solid black shadows, Flashing shadows, Missing shadows, solid faint shadows, flashing faint shadows and sometimes random shadows on enemies whilst some have none. :wtf:
largekro

Post by largekro »

I just checked on my board. I got king of round flashing shadows under the characters. Size varies when jumping or attacking with larger moves. Also they only disappear to show a little ground impact when a character hits the ground. For the randomness in the videos you mention, it is possible they got recorded from emulation rather than the board. I just saw one with plain black shadows (not flashing), but not all the characters on the screen can have their shadow at the same time. Seems like a display limitation...
Monstermug

Post by Monstermug »

largekro wrote:
January 8th, 2021, 10:32 pm
I just checked on my board. I got king of round flashing shadows under the characters. Size varies when jumping or attacking with larger moves. Also they only disappear to show a little ground impact when a character hits the ground. For the randomness in the videos you mention, it is possible they got recorded from emulation rather than the board. I just saw one with plain black shadows (not flashing), but not all the characters on the screen can have their shadow at the same time. Seems like a display limitation...
So flashig as they sort of fade and come back constantly?

This video from Caius looks like faint shadow but it doesnt fade its more constant which to me actually looks better but may be a fault instead?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t696CUxeW6I

In mame it fades and comes back like its blinking (which is what mine is doing)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouy-bahZEpM&t=1098s

EDIT: Sorry to derail your sales thread btw! Consider these free bumps!

EDIT2: Just as to not derail this thread any further we have taken it to PM. For future reference, it seems the correct shadows that should be displayed is a very fast strobing effect. By this I mean the shadows will dim and brighten very rapidly unlike old mame builds where the shadow sorts of strobe more slowly to a point where it looks like it disapears completely before reapearing again. Non changing solid shadows is a fault but take into consideration referesh rate on cameras may not pick up the strobing effects at all.

like in this pic where there was a shadow under all the characters but its missing in the photo. Also the shadows under the two characters doesnt look so solid in real life.

So the second youtube video is the one that has been emulated correctly and I think Ciaus one is also correct but camera referesh has taken away the strobing effects. Just spent last 30 minutes watching shadows :oops: