Battle Bakraid PCB & POP

Arcade games, artwork, kit pieces...
Topics are pruned after 90 days of inactivity.
system11

Battle Bakraid PCB & POP

Post by system11 »

Selling my Battle Bakraid PCB - it's the original Japan version, comes with a large cardboard POP.

POP has 2 punched holes (look near the propellor on the blue plane) but it otherwise in nice condition.

PCB has a minor fault - at 5v there are issues with the text layer causing some issues (very common on this game). There is slight fringing to the fonts, a white line through the logo in attract, incorrect shading on the 8ing logo and incorrect colour on the stage images in the score chart. Overall the effect is pretty unobtrustive however, I hadn't noticed for years (have owned this for about 20). If the voltage is reduced to 4.62v the problems clear up but any lower and issues due to low voltage start to creep in. I tend to just run it at 5. Physcially the PCB is in very good condition with no repairs or damage.

Looking for £1600. The first set of photos are at 5v, second set at 4.62v so you can see what I mean about the difference and low severity.

PCB/POP:
bakraid_pcb_front.jpg
bakraid_pcb_back.jpg
bakraid_pop.jpg
system11

Re: Battle Bakraid PCB & POP

Post by system11 »

5v:
bakraid_5_1.jpg
bakraid_5_2.jpg
bakraid_5_3.jpg
system11

Post by system11 »

5v (cont)
bakraid_5_4.jpg
bakraid_5_5.jpg
system11

Post by system11 »

4.62v:
bakraid_462_1.jpg
bakraid_462_2.jpg
bakraid_462_3.jpg
system11

Post by system11 »

4.62v (cont):
bakraid_462_4.jpg
bakraid_462_5.jpg
zak
eBay: NA

Post by zak »

Last one on yahoo sold for close to 300k so this is quite a bargain at the right voltage ;)

That pop alone is expensive.
SuperPang
Master or universe
eBay: *_*
Initials: JOE

Post by SuperPang »

I think I've noticed this colour bleed issue on one of my Raizing PCBs. Had no idea its voltage related. Cheers.
system11

Post by system11 »

Depends which game, with bakraids it's generally text only, ranges in severity. If it's colour bleed across the whole image on something like garegga that'll be the hct chips most likely which are easily replaced. Kind of attached to this but I've got something to pay for.
Drumloop
eBay: drumloop

Post by Drumloop »

Aren't they made for 5v? What could cause it to clear up at a lower voltage? And dang... I really want this game as well :x
Grinning Cat
eBay: N/A

Post by Grinning Cat »

God, I wish I had money :cry: GLWYS!
zak
eBay: NA

Post by zak »

Drumloop wrote: January 13th, 2022, 2:53 pm Aren't they made for 5v? What could cause it to clear up at a lower voltage? And dang... I really want this game as well :x
Some more sensitive than others.
system11

Post by system11 »

Drumloop wrote: January 13th, 2022, 2:53 pm Aren't they made for 5v? What could cause it to clear up at a lower voltage? And dang... I really want this game as well :x
As I say, it's a minor fault - I just ignored it myself (after not noticing for an unknown amount of time) but it's better to list with full disclosure. The sprites, backdrops etc are all perfect so in play it's almost impossible to see unless you have a very large pin sharp monitor and stare at the score text from a few inches away.
Monstermug
eBay: Monstermug
Initials: SON

Post by Monstermug »

Does the fault still show if u keep it at 5v?
markedkiller78
Pony fucker
eBay: markedkiller78
Initials: MAL

Post by markedkiller78 »

Turning down the screen contrast stops mine from doing it, I assumed the video amp output was a little higher than some other pcbs.
system11

Post by system11 »

Monstermug wrote: January 14th, 2022, 5:17 am Does the fault still show if u keep it at 5v?
Yes, always there, sweet spot at 4.62 precisely where it clears up, lower than that causes problems. I just learned to live with it because it was still perfectly readable, I've seen several far worse ones.

It has just been paid for, making sure the new owner is crystal clear on what to expect before it gets posted.
XtraSmiley
eBay: netrunner 2
Initials: ACE

Post by XtraSmiley »

system11 wrote: January 14th, 2022, 6:43 pm
Monstermug wrote: January 14th, 2022, 5:17 am Does the fault still show if u keep it at 5v?
Yes, always there, sweet spot at 4.62 precisely where it clears up, lower than that causes problems. I just learned to live with it because it was still perfectly readable, I've seen several far worse ones.

It has just been paid for, making sure the new owner is crystal clear on what to expect before it gets posted.
Got it, run this bad boy at 6.42v and max out the contrast! :)

Thanks for the sale, I appreciate it and that fact that you were so specific with the details. Can't wait to play it!
Monstermug
eBay: Monstermug
Initials: SON

Post by Monstermug »

XtraSmiley wrote: January 15th, 2022, 2:16 am
system11 wrote: January 14th, 2022, 6:43 pm

Got it, run this bad boy at 6.42v and max out the contrast! :)

Thanks for the sale, I appreciate it and that fact that you were so specific with the details. Can't wait to play it!
Might as well stick a konami classic jamma adapter in to be sure :lol: