Trading during the COVID-19 outbreak

Arcade cabinets, control panels, joysticks, harnesses...
Topics are pruned after 90 days of inactivity.
SuperPang
Master or Universe

Trading during the COVID-19 outbreak

Post by SuperPang » March 31st, 2020, 7:41 pm

I've seen other forums put some rules in place on this subject so thought I would post something.

The marketplace will remain open as usual, however, if your country is in "lockdown" then sales offering collection will not be allowed. For example, at the time of posting, UK residents are only allowed out for essential work, daily exercise and purchasing of essential supplies. Now is not the time to sell a cab unless you can use a professional shipping company.

I understand people are strapped for cash so taking payment now and holding the cab until the lockdown is over is fine but buyers please be aware that it could be a couple of months yet before you can collect so only do this with very reputable sellers.

For other items, please state if there will be a delay in dispatching because you can’t get to the post office. Courier collection might be a wiser option at this time.

Please take precautions when receiving packages as the virus can survive several days on some materials.

This should all be common sense. Please follow local government advice.

Jan
Enemy of the state of Spain
eBay: voll gerne

Re: Trading during the COVID-19 outbreak

Post by Jan » March 31st, 2020, 8:15 pm

Send nudes.

Unknownsou
eBay: unknownsou630
Initials: SEX

Post by Unknownsou » April 1st, 2020, 1:34 am

Jan wrote:
March 31st, 2020, 8:15 MP
Send nudes.
Seconded

AMS
eBay: Havenofeedback

Post by AMS » April 1st, 2020, 8:48 am

Yeah that is a problem in some area s , I paid for some stuff and now we don’t know how long I have to wait till that is over 😭 so try to cancel, but seller s are not always on this matter verry responsive 🤷🏼‍♂️ Anyway let s all just sit it out and play all the arcade games we hardly touch :awe:

SuperPang
Master or Universe

Post by SuperPang » April 1st, 2020, 12:11 pm

AMS wrote:
April 1st, 2020, 8:48 am
Yeah that is a problem in some area s , I paid for some stuff and now we don’t know how long I have to wait till that is over 😭 so try to cancel, but seller s are not always on this matter verry responsive 🤷🏼‍♂️ Anyway let s all just sit it out and play all the arcade games we hardly touch :awe:
Yeah, I would personally recommend putting any sales on hold for the time being for this very reason unless you really need the cash. If you are selling you need to be sure when you can ship the items and make the buyer aware before they pay.

zak
eBay: NA

Post by zak » April 1st, 2020, 12:27 pm

SuperPang wrote:
April 1st, 2020, 12:11 MP
AMS wrote:
April 1st, 2020, 8:48 am
Yeah, I would personally recommend putting any sales on hold for the time being for this very reason unless you really need the cash. If you are selling you need to be sure when you can ship the items and make the buyer aware before they pay.
UPS are operating normally. I've had a few pick ups in the last 2 weeks. The driver wears gloves and a mask and stands 4 metres away.

They ask you to place the package outside on the door step and to close the door.

Their prices are very reasonable (even with insurance) and their service is quick.
Last edited by zak on April 1st, 2020, 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SuperPang
Master or Universe

Post by SuperPang » April 1st, 2020, 12:37 pm

Also bear in mind this sort of thing is starting to happen with international shipments...

geotrig
Potato!
eBay: ._.

Post by geotrig » April 1st, 2020, 1:37 pm

A lot of post and freight is transported on normal commercial flights (there was a percentage quoted), since these aren't really happening there is slow movement of normal non courier freight ,ups/ DHL's don't count as they run their own planes
,all this is iirc as I was fully tuned out in a meeting at work by the time they got to this :lolno:

suicider
eBay: suicidekiller

Post by suicider » April 1st, 2020, 2:52 pm

SuperPang wrote:
April 1st, 2020, 12:37 MP
Also bear in mind this sort of thing is starting to happen with international shipments...
Sh**. Now that sucks :(

SuperPang
Master or Universe

Post by SuperPang » April 1st, 2020, 2:57 pm

suicider wrote:
April 1st, 2020, 2:52 MP
SuperPang wrote:
UK and Germany aren't on the list, yet.

https://www.post.japanpost.jp/int/infor ... _01_en.pdf

suicider
eBay: suicidekiller

Post by suicider » April 1st, 2020, 3:00 pm

SuperPang wrote:
April 1st, 2020, 2:57 MP

SAL mail is completely shut down, that's what I'm normally using. But yeah, at least EMS and Air Mail are still possible. Let's see for how long...

AMS
eBay: Havenofeedback

Post by AMS » April 1st, 2020, 3:13 pm

SuperPang wrote:
April 1st, 2020, 2:57 MP
suicider wrote:
April 1st, 2020, 2:52 MP
SuperPang wrote:

Correct shipment in Germany,Holland,uk,Switzerland is still good rest is ****

monkmyst
eBay: none

Post by monkmyst » April 13th, 2020, 6:06 pm

I'm waiting on post from Spain and USA amongst others... Really slow! So I wouldn't hold my breath on deliveries these days

Rocco

Post by Rocco » April 14th, 2020, 9:12 am

In Spain they just started to work since today ;)

vasilas432
eBay: katzurak

Post by vasilas432 » April 25th, 2020, 7:53 am

I am waiting package from Spain but they haven't touch it since 10 days. It doesn't even display online

arcadista
Initials: AIL

Post by arcadista » April 26th, 2020, 5:55 pm

I am In Argentina, everything is locked down here. I have some arcade spares waiting for japan post to resume operations in buyee's warehouse. Currently they only send to my country through DHL which is way too expensive.
Also, I work for an european cargo airline here and know from first hand that mail service is almost completelly in stand by, most of the space in flights are used for cargo shipments, mostly pharmaceutical products and spares and production for industries.
At least buyee extended the time allowed for free storage by a month for packages bought before Japan post lockdown. I'm affraid that if Japan Post does not resume services by june I will have to ask to discard the package.
Another problem we have here in the 3rd world is the exchange rates. The value of our already beaten currency dropped even more so even if shipping prices are stable in yen or dollars, my money worth less every day. So something of 100 dollars that before I paid with 1000 pesos, now are about 10000 pesos and rising.

matt5cott
eBay: matt5cott
Initials: MAT

Post by matt5cott » April 28th, 2020, 9:46 am

arcadista wrote:
April 26th, 2020, 5:55 MP
Another problem we have here in the 3rd world is the exchange rates. The value of our already beaten currency dropped even more so even if shipping prices are stable in yen or dollars, my money worth less every day. So something of 100 dollars that before I paid with 1000 pesos, now are about 10000 pesos and rising.
I read the other day BItcoin demand is surging there because of this https://cointelegraph.com/news/demand-f ... ault-looms

arcadista
Initials: AIL

Post by arcadista » April 29th, 2020, 5:11 pm

It's not a widespread habit, but it's growing indeed.