FS - Repro Marquee Holders (Vewlix, Astro City, Egret, AWSD, Naomi Universal, (New) Net City)

Arcade cabinets, control panels, joysticks, harnesses...
Topics are pruned after 90 days of inactivity.
ckong

Re: FS - Repro Marquee Holders (Vewlix, Astro City, Egret, AWSD, Naomi Universal, (New) Net City)

Post by ckong » February 12th, 2019, 9:28 pm

aaronjmill wrote:
February 12th, 2019, 3:27 MP
Hi there,
Do you plan to do any headers for the Namco Exceleena 2 or Namco Cyberlead? Thanks
I would love to make these if I could get my hands on an original one to recreate them. At the moment I have no technical drawings and I couldn't find any detailed accurate measurements either. If you have a source, I will gladly reproduce them. :)

peg
eBay: dnealey
Initials: PEG

Re: FS - Repro Marquee Holders (Vewlix, Astro City, Egret, AWSD, Naomi Universal, (New) Net City)

Post by peg » February 12th, 2019, 10:10 pm

Hey,
I'm interested in a marquee holder for my New Astro City. Do they require any tape to hold the marquee in or do you just screw it together?

Thanks!

ckong

Post by ckong » February 13th, 2019, 6:14 am

peg wrote:
February 12th, 2019, 10:10 MP
Hey,
I'm interested in a marquee holder for my New Astro City. Do they require any tape to hold the marquee in or do you just screw it together?

Thanks!
No tape, the marquee is sandwiched between the two plexi layers, which are bolted together. This keeps the marquee in its place.

DaveyD
eBay: Dr_Daph
Initials: DPD

Post by DaveyD » February 17th, 2019, 8:52 pm

Received 2x astro marquee holders this week. Really quick to get them made and sent out to me. Packaged up really well. Look great :awe:

ckong

Post by ckong » February 17th, 2019, 10:43 pm

Oh, I'm in Love :awe: You have too many NAC's! Did I mention that I desperately want one (I was a fool and sold mine a few years ago). :-o

ckong

Post by ckong » February 19th, 2019, 9:46 am

By chance I have an original Super Neo 29 Candy marquee holder in house. If there is any interest for this type, I could make a faithful reproduction of it, including the white stripe and put it up for sale.

I am also going te offer the repro marquee holder for the Cyberlead soon.
Last edited by ckong on March 8th, 2019, 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zerrminator
eBay: snk4life

Post by Zerrminator » February 20th, 2019, 6:57 am

I just got my two marquees today and they're amazing! ckong has done a fantastic job with these. Everything lines up perfectly, super clean edges, they were pack packed really well and shipped lighting quick. All in all very professional!

Thanks again and here's some pictures of them installed.

ckong

Post by ckong » February 20th, 2019, 9:02 am

great job..jpg
great job..jpg (48.1 KiB) Viewed 954 times

ckong

Post by ckong » February 23rd, 2019, 11:55 am

A few days ago I got some very nice Capcom logo stickers in house, professionally printed by forum member joeks. And they came right on time, so I could finish 3 Capcom Cute marquee holders.

Boxed and ready to go, together with an Astro City 2 marquee holder :D

rodocs2
eBay: davt6

Post by rodocs2 » March 7th, 2019, 2:57 am

Shout out to ckong for fixing me up with a vewlix topper!
Looks great, got here very quickly! Brand new perfect!!!!
Image Image Image

ckong

Post by ckong » March 7th, 2019, 7:24 am

:awe: Thx for sharing the nice pictures.

FrancoB
J+ member of the year finalist!
eBay: francosquashking
Initials: FRN

Post by FrancoB » March 8th, 2019, 8:24 pm

ckong gets my recommendation for repro marquee holders. He makes quality products at decent prices. If anyone asks me about marquee holders I always send them his way :thumbup: 8-) :thumbupright:

Hopefully he should have some more holders for other cabs available soon ;)

ckong

Post by ckong » March 14th, 2019, 8:45 am

:D :D

I added a few new reproductions to the list:

Super Neo 29 (Candy)

Capcom Impress

And a Universal City. This was probably a one-time job, but you never know. :)

ckong

Post by ckong » March 28th, 2019, 12:23 pm

I was visiting the Dutch National Videogame Museum yesterday

The have a small row of Vewlix with a few repro marquee holders that I made for them. Looking awesome

ckong

Post by ckong » March 30th, 2019, 7:23 pm

UPDATE about a few redesigns that I recently made

I added redesigned marquee holders for the Vewlix and for the (New) Astro City, I call them design A. The former designs (B) are still available because some of you may like them more.

The two redesigned marquee holders are now made of one thick piece of clear acrylic and a thin clear film, just like the original marquee holders. This makes them even more faithful. It made the Vewlix holder (design A) a bit more expensive because of the higher material costs and material handling. The redesigned (New) Astro holder didn't get a price increase.

Details and more pictures of these redesigns are in the OP.

And thx to a few people, for instance hikaru, I was able to draw up a great reproduction of the Super Neo 29 Type II marquee holder. I will lasercut a few the coming week, but I have already added it to the OP. :D

Next up (won't be a runner) is the marquee holder for the Versus City. This one is very much the same as the Astro City. :)

ckong

Post by ckong » April 7th, 2019, 5:22 pm

I got this picture yesterday from a happy customer, it's a Vewlix repro marquee holder design A

And while the rest of the country was enjoying the beautiful weather, I was making these

The big ones at the back are the new Super Neo 29 Type II marquee holders. They are huge :awe: >

For comparison, here is the same one, but with the regular Super Neo 29 (Candy) marquee on top. :-o

And I made a few Versus City marquee holders, with a thin 0.3mm plastic film in the center.

Anyway, they are all packed and ready to be send to you guys ?(not all of you of course :D ). Some of them go to the UK, I hope that they get there in time. :roll:

ckong

Post by ckong » April 10th, 2019, 6:48 pm

A few customer's pics of the marquee holder for the Super Neo 29 Type II Candy cab.

It's a great match with his cab. :)
Last edited by ckong on April 14th, 2019, 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ikaru
eBay: a.ben-49
Initials: Ika

Post by Ikaru » April 13th, 2019, 11:02 pm

I sent you a MP for repro marquee for egret 2 .
Thank you ;)

arcadista
Initials: AIL

Post by arcadista » April 18th, 2019, 2:05 am

Another happy customer here!
Since I live in Argentina and it's been difficult to import products lately, I made contact with Ckong and asked him for the chance to make the marquees and get them delivered in a quite short time window I had during a training course I was attending in Germany.
He has been very patient and cooperative and I want to thank him a lot for that and for trusting in me.

Hope we can do business again (and to get a cell phone with a better camera to take photos next time! :lol: )

ckong

Post by ckong » April 18th, 2019, 6:56 am

Very nice. I was happy to help you and I'm glad that it worked out. Thx for the photo. :awe:

And because we all like photo's, here is one of an installed Super Neo 29 Candy repro marquee holder

Last edited by ckong on April 18th, 2019, 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.