FS - Repro Marquee Holders (Vewlix, Astro City, Egret, AWSD, Naomi Universal, (New) Net City)

Arcade cabinets, control panels, joysticks, harnesses...
Topics are pruned after 90 days of inactivity.
Benimaru7
eBay: Benimaru7
Initials: Ben

Re: FS - Repro Marquee Holders (Vewlix, Astro City, Egret, AWSD, Naomi Universal, (New) Net City)

Post by Benimaru7 » October 1st, 2019, 7:35 am

Is the only difference between the Astro city A and B marquees the backing sheet?

ckong

Re: FS - Repro Marquee Holders (Vewlix, Astro City, Egret, AWSD, Naomi Universal, (New) Net City)

Post by ckong » October 1st, 2019, 10:14 am

Benimaru7 wrote:
October 1st, 2019, 7:35 am
Is the only difference between the Astro city A and B marquees the backing sheet?
That and the fact that A is made of a 4mm thick front sheet and a 0.5mm thin small back sheet and B is made of two equal sized 2mm sheets. The back of A is as it is original and holds original artwork great, B will also hold larger repro artwork like the artwork made by Spectre.

arovane

Post by arovane » October 8th, 2019, 10:06 pm

Here are my NAC marquee holder, version A :) Great stuff, might order some more for my other cabinets :D

Thanks mate!
Attachments
IMG_8036.jpg
IMG_8031.jpg

ckong

Post by ckong » October 9th, 2019, 9:26 am

You're welcome. :) And thx for the nice pictures, the marqueeholder looks great on the NAC, without any doubt the most beautiful Candy Cab. IMO of course. :D

8bitforlife
eBay: Emulat0r
Initials: RB.

Post by 8bitforlife » October 18th, 2019, 9:03 am

Do you plan to do aero city marquees with the etchings?

ckong

Post by ckong » October 18th, 2019, 1:51 pm

8bitforlife wrote:
October 18th, 2019, 9:03 am
I might, I'm working on it, but getting correct measurements is a bit of a pain in the ... because I don't have the original marquee holder. :eh: Maybe someone is willing to do some measurements?

BTW, what do you exactly mean with 'the etchings'?

8bitforlife
eBay: Emulat0r
Initials: RB.

Post by 8bitforlife » October 19th, 2019, 1:08 pm

I think theres a design on the original to indicate where artwork went I see it when I google aero city marquee

ckong

Post by ckong » October 21st, 2019, 10:17 am

8bitforlife wrote:
October 19th, 2019, 1:08 MP
I think theres a design on the original to indicate where artwork went I see it when I google aero city marquee
Ah, OK. Thx for clearing that up.

ckong

Post by ckong » October 25th, 2019, 4:21 pm

A few more marquee holders went their way today to destinations all over the world. It's still 6 days until the October discount month ends.

20191025_125857 (Aangepast).jpg

And here is a little teaser for another project I'm working on.

20191023_144613 (Aangepast).jpg

ckong

Post by ckong » November 5th, 2019, 3:13 pm

8bitforlife wrote:
October 18th, 2019, 9:03 am
I'm happy to tell you that I indeed will make the Aero city marquee holder, both the euro version and the Japanese version, I completed the design today (and thx goes out to FrancoB) and both will have a chamfered edge (is that a word? ) and the Japanese version will also have the 'etching', which is a decal. :awe: I'll expect them to be ready to sell somewhere this month.

Here is a picture of an original marquee holder with the decal clearly visisble:

images.jpg
images.jpg (6.69 KiB) Viewed 91 times

Mine will look the same, but then with screws instead of the metal clips.

I will also have the Namco cyberlead / Cyberlead II repro marquee holder available soon. And if everything goes as planned the marquee holders for the Exceleena / Exceleena 2 make the list of newcomers complete. :)

Sunder
eBay: sunderaj82
Initials: SUN

Post by Sunder » Yesterday, 7:00 pm

How are you approaching the metal clips? Also I have to say that the marquee holder for the New Net City/Naomi looks better than the original.

ckong

Post by ckong » Yesterday, 9:24 pm

Thx.

I'm not approacing the metal clips. Instead of these clips I will use 2 bolts with nuts.
Sunder wrote:
Yesterday, 7:00 MP
How are you approaching the metal clips? Also I have to say that the marquee holder for the New Net City/Naomi looks better than the original.