Couriers

Arcade cabinets, control panels, joysticks, harnesses...
Topics are pruned after 90 days of inactivity.
DandySephy
Please Continue...
Initials: SEP

Re: Cabinet Couriers

Post by DandySephy »

penrhos wrote:Is it just me or are T&T a bit sloppy with scheduling & communications?

I rang Phill to collect my new toy from near Tenby (Wales) and he asked for a text with address, postcode, phone no. For both ends then nothing.... I had to ring to find out pickup-day, no pickup occured so rang again (Swansea pickup - Sega) was delayed so didnt do the Wales run, no communication to anyone. Eventually I got an email from the seller on ebay that it had been collected - So i rang phill and "We'll be up your way some day next week - we will ring you when we're leaving the drop before yours or 30min before whichever is longer"

I'm waiting (nearly three weeks from the initial booking to delivery, assuming it gets here next week) - mind you its only £75 dor-to-door, it would have cost me at least that in petrol.
Obviously you didnt see my rant on the subject - at least yours was collected, mine wasnt. It also only cost £20 in petrol, but I had to pay my dad to drive me :lol:
penrhos
Panel Beater
eBay: ngpd002

Post by penrhos »

Anyone used Yorkshire couriers or fieldhead logistics - they are the cheapest on www.shiply.co.uk for a cab I want picking up.
2 * Vewlix Diamond Blacks,2 * Vewlix-F, 1 * Sega Rally 3, 1 * Video Pinball, 1 * DinoKing (JAMMA Converted).
tetsujin
Hello, I say
eBay: kukki_86
Initials: AC.

Post by tetsujin »

I used Lancs Couriers again for the second time to collect my Initial D cab.

Was pretty quick from start to finish for them but I did run into a problem.

I told Les that is will NOT split and would need a Tail Lift van. He told me 'not to worry, I wil sort it' then turns up for collection at the sellers house in a normal long wheelbase van and 'ramps'!

He then rings me at the place, tells me its broke his ramps and talked to me as if it was my fault! :(

Delayed the drop off by a day, he was grumpy and moody on delivery but I got my cab delivered for £100 which was cheaper than mee doing it as the cheapest Tail lift van rental was £80 and I would of had to put in the fuel and time! :D

Lancs can be grumpy but quite cheap :)
LOL Cats... stupid cats
penrhos
Panel Beater

Post by penrhos »

T&T Finally delivered my pinball - its taken nearly three weeks from booking it to getting it. They had it for a week before dropping it off, its got a few knocks but I dont know if its gained them since being picked-up.

Still £75 for what would have been a 420 mile round trip for me isn't bad but I'll be using Les next time (if possible).
2 * Vewlix Diamond Blacks,2 * Vewlix-F, 1 * Sega Rally 3, 1 * Video Pinball, 1 * DinoKing (JAMMA Converted).
poolchamp

Post by poolchamp »

penrhos wrote:T&T Finally delivered my pinball - its taken nearly three weeks from booking it to getting it. They had it for a week before dropping it off, its got a few knocks but I dont know if its gained them since being picked-up.

Still £75 for what would have been a 420 mile round trip for me isn't bad but I'll be using Les next time (if possible).
Oh do tell what pinball you got i never new there was another pinhead here
penrhos
Panel Beater

Post by penrhos »

It'll be in the "I received thread tomorrow"
poolchamp

Post by poolchamp »

penrhos wrote:It'll be in the "I received thread tomorrow"
I ama waiting mt8 il be selling a few myself
purplec

Re: Cheap Couriers

Post by purplec »

Parris wrote:We really should have a sticky for this thread as it is very useful.

Anyway, this guy cannot be praised enough. Very cheap, but very efficient. He owns the company and has quoted me £80.00 to move any arcade cabinet (single stand up or single sit down) anywhere within mainland UK.

He travels to the UK once a week from Ireland in one of 7 vehicles the company owns. 6 with tail gates, 1 a 3.5 tonne van.

mobile number is 00447932378712 , name: freddy bryans. . millbrook removals .belfast .

well lads I used this guy to get my Naomi from the uK to the republic of ireland. and what can I say top guys great outfit and will defo use again. There van was well kitted out and the cab arrived in top notch.

EDIT that was £110 from wolve to dublin by the way
whackball
Please Continue...

Post by whackball »

Can anyone help or recommend. I need a courier to collect a cab of Xenepp in Essex and deliever to Dublin asap. The guy I was trying to use is messing me about.

cheers,
poolchamp

Post by poolchamp »

whackball wrote:Can anyone help or recommend. I need a courier to collect a cab of Xenepp in Essex and deliever to Dublin asap. The guy I was trying to use is messing me about.

cheers,
You just missed a run i got 2 in for gadge64 from andy .But suppose you did not need help
whackball
Please Continue...

Post by whackball »

cheers alan,
poolchamp

Post by poolchamp »

whackball wrote:cheers alan,
Well i did offer joel my service but you did not want to use it
whackball
Please Continue...

Post by whackball »

poolchamp wrote:
whackball wrote:cheers alan,
Well i did offer joel my service but you did not want to use it

Thanks Alan but I wasn`t aware of that. I had Freddy from Belfast lined up but he is not answering any calls or emails!!!! Have you any other couriers that you can think of.
poolchamp

Post by poolchamp »

Fastfreight in greystones will do it .Guys name is Gerry Rooney make sure you haggle before you aggree .il pm his number to ya
frothmeister
Please Continue...

Post by frothmeister »

I have met a top guy on shiply called Martin AKA JPP Automotive. I recommend his service very highly. He is a great guy, very reliable, honest AND very reasonably priced. As long as you can be reasonably flexible regarding collection and delivery dates/times he will do it no problems.

He is based in Rotherham (Yorkshire) but does runs all over the mainland UK so can cover most things if it fits in with what he has planned if you're in no great rush.

His mobile number is 07748 521550. Tell him Danny recommended him. :awe:
slapaham
Fits in the back of a Skoda

Post by slapaham »

https://www.parcel2go.com/SeaFreight.aspx

Just got an email from Parcel2Go (a fairly decent and very cheap courier service) saying they now offer cheap sea freight services from China... thought it might be of some interest, perhaps even for a future bulk order or some sort... unfortunately no prices given on the site - it's an enquiry system - but going on the basis of their other services it should be well worth considering! :D
Devil Soundwave
Doesn't go to eleven
eBay: DevilSoundwave

Post by Devil Soundwave »

slapaham wrote:https://www.parcel2go.com/SeaFreight.aspx

Just got an email from Parcel2Go (a fairly decent and very cheap courier service) saying they now offer cheap sea freight services from China... thought it might be of some interest, perhaps even for a future bulk order or some sort... unfortunately no prices given on the site - it's an enquiry system - but going on the basis of their other services it should be well worth considering! :D
*Rubs chin and considers cloned chinese Vewlix* :think:
shinshoryuken
Please Continue...

Post by shinshoryuken »

Im from the US and I want to buy a cab from the UK, anyone has any experience with a carrier that does UK to US?
Lordstar
Vinyl Pusher
eBay: N/A

Post by Lordstar »

shinshoryuken wrote:Im from the US and I want to buy a cab from the UK, anyone has any experience with a carrier that does UK to US?
are you after a UK cabinet or are you after a JP one? I cant believe you cant find what your looking for either already imported in to the US or already in the US.
system11

Post by system11 »

Does anyone have a recommendation for a company who can collect on a given day or days at a certain time?

I need a cab moving from Northumberland to Cambridge..

Also small update - Speedlink no longer work north of Birmingham according to a reply they just sent me. I got a quote from a local place but they want 360 + VAT - lol. Then again - probably cost 100 in petrol anyway, but still..