Couriers

Arcade cabinets, control panels, joysticks, harnesses...
Topics are pruned after 90 days of inactivity.
markedkiller78
Pony fucker
eBay: markedkiller78
Initials: MAL

Re: Cabinet Couriers

Post by markedkiller78 » September 27th, 2009, 9:07 pm

:x that's balls.

Hopefully it will be worth the wait

Parris
The ¥100 Ashtray

Post by Parris » September 29th, 2009, 12:26 am

I've used Gaming Direct (Kevin Hinds) for the last 3 deliveries to mine and he's cheap and relatively reliable. I say relatively. The only issue was a cabinet delivered to mine on behalf of DrDread where he'd asked for a quote, heard nothing, arranged collection with another courier only to discover GD had collected it already!

The 2 x Astro cabinets arrived here this morning from Norwich (Cheers Jon). Total = £55 per unit! That's pretty decent in my books!

kernow
:problem: child
Initials: KRN

Post by kernow » September 29th, 2009, 12:32 am

Yeah, they picked it up late from the sellers @ 3:30pm on a sunday, instead of 2pm, so a 5.5hr drive to me, and then another 5.5hr drive back just wasn't going to happen because they wouldn't be back till like 2am.

They only deliver long distance at weekends too which is odd because they are supposed to be a 7 day a week courier, so my cab is in storage (which is costing nothing thank god), until next friday or saturday. They are going to phone me on thursday to confirm which day it is.

Thing is, I was waiting in on sunday like a giddy child waiting for it to arrive and it didn't, I didn't hear anything off them to say sorry we picked it up late and it'll be next week now, so I was just waiting around all day, I've had to email them (they didn't reply to my two), so I eventually phoned and they clued me up on whats happening.

Pretty poor, I remember why I hate dealing with couriers now. As long as it arrives next weekend I won't complain much, and hasn't been damaged at all. ugh.

Paying cash on delivery just seems silly too I'd far prefer pre-paying with visa beforehand, but oh well.

Shady994
Please Continue...
eBay: lmstolton
Initials: SDY

Post by Shady994 » September 29th, 2009, 7:06 am

Given how unreliable most couriers are, giving you a payment method which allows you to easily claim your money back if you're not happy seems like bad business sense.
It sucks waiting for your stuff to arrive, and you're being incredibly patient. I'd be tamping if I was in your shoes, especially with the lack of communication!

It will all be worth it when it arrives though mate! :awe:

LoRez

Post by LoRez » October 3rd, 2009, 8:59 pm

I think,for the sake of peace of mind,you cant beat owning or hiring a van and doing it yourself.I'd rather pay the extra for diesel than trust my treasure to some courier sort.

kernow

Post by kernow » October 3rd, 2009, 9:09 pm

Still not here :ugeek: might even be next weekend.

I can't even organise another courier to get it as they've collected it and its sitting in their storage warehouse.

So ****.

Oh well, it'll make for a nice birthday weekend :awe:

I did phone up and bitch today so they said they'll try get it out early this week, but meh, its not going to happen.

If it doesn't get here next weekend though there'll be hell to pay :x as that would be 2 weeks they've had it, and they said they could deliver in the first weekend but didn't.

I agree, nothing safer and less hassle than just going and getting it yourself - even if it does cost more money for van hire and petrol - bloody couriers.

Parris
The ¥100 Ashtray

Post by Parris » October 17th, 2009, 8:43 pm

Anyone know of any couriers that ship cabinets UK >< Netherlands? If so can you post information and rough prices for say a Candy Cab.

j69

Post by j69 » October 28th, 2009, 7:15 pm

Found this great site. You say what you need picking up and where from and couriers give you their best quote. Saves you the hassle of ringing around.

Just got quoted £75 for a pinball from Cambridge to Newcastle :mrgreen:

www.shiply.co.uk

Ordyne

Post by Ordyne » October 29th, 2009, 7:31 am

Try Fox Couriers on 07976 616406

He's reliable and cheap.. Has a decent size truck with a tail lift the full side of the back of the truck.

Charges around £75 for most parts of the UK

Tell him Giz10p sent you :)

j69

Post by j69 » November 2nd, 2009, 11:49 am

j69 wrote:Found this great site. You say what you need picking up and where from and couriers give you their best quote. Saves you the hassle of ringing around.

Just got quoted £75 for a pinball from Cambridge to Newcastle :mrgreen:

http://www.shiply.co.uk
So it turns out its like a reverse ebay where people but minimum bids in. Someone trumped the £75 bid and it dropped down to £57!!! :mrgreen:

Ordyne

Post by Ordyne » November 5th, 2009, 11:49 am

Only problem with shipley is you dont have a clue who is going to turn up.. Not great for moving arcade machines round IMHO..

fire-bug
eBay: starkrob

Post by fire-bug » November 14th, 2009, 11:09 am

A couple of people have asked about international couriers but noone seems to have replied. Can anyone recommend a company to go with for having candies sent from the states? Several times Ive been interested in importing one but messing around lookinf for a courier made me not bother. I'd really like to get my mits on some neo candies in the next year, so, anyone?

zorahk
AO Awards 2009 Winner

Post by zorahk » November 16th, 2009, 4:23 am

For international I recommend IEC (international express co.)

That's how I have had cabinets shipped from Osaka>San Francisco.
Very reliable, fast service. They have their own in house customs brokers.
Took about 10 days for my cab to show up from departure time.

thebluedino
eBay: lysol5001
Initials: TBD

Post by thebluedino » November 18th, 2009, 2:03 am

zorahk wrote:For international I recommend IEC (international express co.)

That's how I have had cabinets shipped from Osaka>San Francisco.
Very reliable, fast service. They have their own in house customs brokers.
Took about 10 days for my cab to show up from departure time.

If you don't mind me asking, about how much did this run you to get a cab shipped? I keep lusting after Astro Citys on YJA I have been trying to see how plausible it'd be to actually get one delivered stateside.

zorahk
AO Awards 2009 Winner

Post by zorahk » November 19th, 2009, 9:49 pm

It's probably not worth it for something like an astro ; I did it for a pop'n music cabinet. Price was 1,441.78 incl customs to ship it, after spending 2,000 on the cabinet

thebluedino
eBay: lysol5001
Initials: TBD

Post by thebluedino » November 19th, 2009, 11:42 pm

zorahk wrote:It's probably not worth it for something like an astro ; I did it for a pop'n music cabinet. Price was 1,441.78 incl customs to ship it, after spending 2,000 on the cabinet
Cool that's about what I assumed. That would technically fit in my budget, but you're right, it would be a bit excessive to spend 4 times as much as the cabinet on shipping.

zorahk
AO Awards 2009 Winner

Post by zorahk » November 19th, 2009, 11:59 pm

It's only worth it for music games really because there's no other option.

system11

Post by system11 » December 26th, 2009, 11:56 pm

I'm trying to find a company/person who can collect a cab from the west of Germany and bring it to the UK - suggestions?

Pete
On a Sabbatical
eBay: arcave

Post by Pete » December 27th, 2009, 6:07 am

I myself have been to Tom Tandy Transport, couple of old farm buildings in a field :lol: ;)

kernow

Post by kernow » March 20th, 2010, 1:08 pm

So, Shiply

I've just listed a cab on there to be taken from plymouth to north london, and immediately someone with 0 feedback responds and says he can do it for .. £80 :think:

Seems too cheap but it'd be nice, I asked him if he had any ratchet straps, but how do I know he's not just going to drive off with it? how strange.

:wtf:

Not sure I trust some random guy coming to pick it up.