Couriers

Arcade cabinets, control panels, joysticks, harnesses...
Topics are pruned after 90 days of inactivity.
markedkiller78
Pony fucker
eBay: markedkiller78
Initials: MAL

Re: Cheap Courier(s) for cabinets etc

Post by markedkiller78 »

I whish I had known this before I sold a cab to Poolchamp :(
Parris
The ¥100 Ashtray
Re: Cheap Courier(s) for cabinets etc

Post by Parris »

It might be an idea to get a Mod to create a sticky in the sales thread regarding Arcade couriers and rate them on swift service, price and whether items arrived in good condition etc. It would really help as finding a decent, reliable and cost efficient courier is actually very hit and miss. This guy wrapped the unit properly in sheeting, tied it up properly, asked where the keys were and assured me he could do further work for £80 per unit. When I mentioned larger cabs and sit downs, he seemed to still think £80 was a good deal. I will try using him again with a sit down cabinet of my own and see what he uses to collect, whether it arrives in as good nick etc. So far, I am pleased!
markedkiller78
Pony fucker

Re: Cabinet Couriers

Post by markedkiller78 »

Is there any chance someone (Cools you must be about :awe:) could move this / sticky it in Retail / auctions?

Parris suggested it in another thread we could merge it with & the top post can be edited with contact details?
andygeezer
Blue Skies Ahead
Initials: AGS

Post by andygeezer »

I use Tom Tandy Transport, been in the game a long time.. :)
Say hello to my little friend...
Parris
The ¥100 Ashtray

Post by Parris »

Nicely merged - thanks!

Anyway, this guy cannot be praised enough. Very cheap, but very efficient. He owns the company and has quoted me £80.00 to move any arcade cabinet (single stand up or single sit down) anywhere within mainland UK.

He travels to the UK once a week from Ireland in one of 7 vehicles the company owns. 6 with tail gates, 1 a 3.5 tonne van.

Milbrook Removals
Unit 14B,
Kilroot Park,
Carrickfergus,
BT38 7PR
Phone: 07932 378712
Phone: 028 9336 0077

freddybryans@btinternet.com
Last edited by Parris on January 14th, 2009, 1:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
markedkiller78
Pony fucker

Post by markedkiller78 »

I can help to moderate / edit stuff in this section, so I'll sort out a first post with all the couriers details tomorrow (when I'm back at work gettgin paid) :awe:
Parris
The ¥100 Ashtray

Post by Parris »

markedkiller78 wrote:I can help to moderate / edit stuff in this section, so I'll sort out a first post with all the couriers details tomorrow (when I'm back at work gettgin paid) :awe:
I had started to edit things and you must have been doing it at exactly the same time - thought I had deleted the WHOLE of this thread for a split second. A little gassy fart escaped left buttock!
geldra

Post by geldra »

Got to give Les from Lancs a mention here. I'm sure most if you are aware of how mint he is but he picked up an Egret2 for me yesterday, helped lift it down the stairs at the pick up then drove it 300 miles or so up to me where he helped me lug it up my stairs. What a guy.
Astro City is only a letter away from atrocity. Makes you think doesn’t it?
Parris
The ¥100 Ashtray

Post by Parris »

Scottish Courier based in Aberdeen & Glasgow.

M&H Carriers Ltd. 01224 248 191 (Aberdeen) or 08456 343 232 (Glasgow). catherine.thomson@mhcarriers.co.uk

They are shipping a full stand up arcade (Sega Hang On, weighing approx. 75Kg) for £55.00 plus VAT, some 190 miles. Now thats' cheap!
DandySephy
Please Continue...
Initials: SEP

Post by DandySephy »

andygeezer wrote:I use Tom Tandy Transport, been in the game a long time.. :)
Well so far they've been completely useless for me. First they tried moving a pickup forward 3 hours despite being told it had to be after time x. Then they said they'd be round the next day and neither arrived or phoned to say they wouldn't arrive. I then phoned them up again and was told they'd be phoning the guy with the machine to arrange delivery and get back to me. Neither happened. I phoned them again yesterday and they said the same, and were very quick to get off the phone. I'm presuming they haven't gotten any further, and I'm going to give them a rant if I have to phone them again. I'm doing all the running here, and I'm no closer to having my cab picked up then I was when I phoned them the first time. God knows how long it will take for me to receive the cab.

And to think they sounded like it was going to be painless when I first phoned them.
andygeezer
Blue Skies Ahead

Post by andygeezer »

Dandy_Sephy wrote:
Well so far they've been completely useless for me. First they tried moving a pickup forward 3 hours despite being told it had to be after time x. Then they said they'd be round the next day and neither arrived or phoned to say they wouldn't arrive. I then phoned them up again and was told they'd be phoning the guy with the machine to arrange delivery and get back to me. Neither happened. I phoned them again yesterday and they said the same, and were very quick to get off the phone. I'm presuming they haven't gotten any further, and I'm going to give them a rant if I have to phone them again. I'm doing all the running here, and I'm no closer to having my cab picked up then I was when I phoned them the first time. God knows how long it will take for me to receive the cab.

And to think they sounded like it was going to be painless when I first phoned them.
Damn, not good news.. I guess they don't want business from individuals. :(
DandySephy
Please Continue...
Initials: SEP

Post by DandySephy »

Phil seemed enthusiastic when I said you suggested him, but they aren't exactly going out of their way for me. Phil isin Cambridge today but didn't exactly commit himself to it. It needs to be picked up after 4, but it's not as if they are based hours away. If spectre tells me they haven't phones him again, I'll have to convince someone to drive me
cools
Armed Police Buttrider
eBay: hordarian
Initials: CLS

Post by cools »

That's exactly why I try and avoid couriers. If they can't work around you, they're useless. Since most of us aren't at the pickup/drop off points during the day...

When it works it's great, but collection yourself works out less hassle 99% of the time.
markedkiller78
Pony fucker

Post by markedkiller78 »

cools wrote:That's exactly why I try and avoid couriers. If they can't work around you, they're useless. Since most of us aren't at the pickup/drop off points during the day...

When it works it's great, but collection yourself works out less hassle 99% of the time.
It takes up so much time though :? If I lived in southern England, or even Northern England I'd be more inclined to do it myself, but as it is I need to use couriers.

I would have thought that the courier business, like everything else would have been a little flat at the mo & that people would be glad of the business
grantspain
Tech Head

Post by grantspain »

does that fat little fella from the west country still work for them
:P
andygeezer
Blue Skies Ahead

Post by andygeezer »

grantspain wrote:
does that fat little fella from the west country still work for them
:P
Do you mean Reggie?? Yeah he still works there..
Dr. Sixpack
Please Continue...
eBay: Hiruaki

Post by Dr. Sixpack »

Anyone knows how to get a couple of cabs from the UK to Portugal?
Once upon a time in the west...
grantspain
Tech Head

Post by grantspain »

Dr. Sixpack wrote:Anyone knows how to get a couple of cabs from the UK to Portugal?
http://www.speedlinktransport.eu/prices
penrhos
Panel Beater
eBay: ngpd002

Post by penrhos »

Is it just me or are T&T a bit sloppy with scheduling & communications?

I rang Phill to collect my new toy from near Tenby (Wales) and he asked for a text with address, postcode, phone no. For both ends then nothing.... I had to ring to find out pickup-day, no pickup occured so rang again (Swansea pickup - Sega) was delayed so didnt do the Wales run, no communication to anyone. Eventually I got an email from the seller on ebay that it had been collected - So i rang phill and "We'll be up your way some day next week - we will ring you when we're leaving the drop before yours or 30min before whichever is longer"

I'm waiting (nearly three weeks from the initial booking to delivery, assuming it gets here next week) - mind you its only £75 dor-to-door, it would have cost me at least that in petrol.
2 * Vewlix Diamond Blacks,2 * Vewlix-F, 1 * Sega Rally 3, 1 * Video Pinball, 1 * DinoKing (JAMMA Converted).
Pete
Retired
eBay: arcave

Post by Pete »

**** for public, good for industry.