Looking for a New Astro

Trying to find something? Request it in here.
Topics are pruned after 90 days of inactivity.
erzane
Not Made In Japan
eBay: Gab79

Looking for a New Astro

Post by erzane »

Hi,
I'm looking for a New Astro. With an original 1P CP. Btw, what does a clean specimen like on that pic worth?
In the past I had an Astro from '93 but I didn't like it so much since no remote. Does each rev. of this '96 (maybe was it manufactured earlier) ''New'' ver. have a remote? Also what are the other differences (except the speakers) ? From what material is it built?
Thanks
Attachments
ASTR_03.jpg
nem

Re: Looking for a New Astro

Post by nem »

Monitor remote? I'm pretty sure there isn't a MS8/9-29 without a remote. They all come with one and they won't work without it.

Yours was probably just mounted on the frame. You would have just needed to relocate it to under the CP (possibly with a longer harness).
erzane
Not Made In Japan

Post by erzane »

I see. Maybe. It's been a long time now. Anyway those New Astros seems to be more rare with time. I didn't get any offer yet...
copados33
eBay: psycho-q

Post by copados33 »

Yeah, both the vanilla Astro and the Ugly Astro (i.e. NAC) have remote adjustment boards.
erzane
Not Made In Japan

Post by erzane »

You named the '93 version ''vanilla'' astro?
Btw, I prefere from fat the New Astro. The '93 version really missed those new speakers. Btw, what's the differences between both models, except those speakers?
cools
Armed Police Buttrider
eBay: hordarian
Initials: CLS

Post by cools »

Speakers and monitor - the (New) ugly Astro (I hate the speaker module too although it does sound better at high volume) has an MS9
copados33
eBay: psycho-q

Post by copados33 »

From my experience both Astros use the same speaker horns, but the ugly Astro (NAC) puts them inside those protruding plastic boxes which gives them more "omph" or boombox effect if you preffer, I have also seen someone somewhere (I think it was in one of the facebook arcade groups) who 3D printed enclosures for the speakers on the vanilla Astro, then they lined the 3d printed boxes with wood, the end result according to those who use them is a huge improvement in sound quality.

Appart from that and the monitor both cabs are the same, although I have also seen some of the later vanilla models shipped with MS9's: but almost all of them were 220v models with all the text on the back stickers writen in english , also, there are some cabinets, both Astro and NAC that came equipped with stereo amps, I have had both.