Really weird sound issues on my cab!

Arcade cabinet hardware and accessories
mikehaggar
Please Continue...
Really weird sound issues on my cab!

Post by mikehaggar »

Hello everybody,

I'm just wondering, is it possible for an arcade cabinet to be screwed up and not play sounds only on CERTAIN GAMES? I know it sounds funny, but my new (old) cab doesn't play sound out of certain games, that I know for a fact had great sound the last time I tried. SO either, these boards have just all of a sudden broke, or, the cabinet favors sound of certain games over others.

To be more specific, this is a Taito Egret 29. What possibilities am i dealing with here? The games I am not getting sound on are:

Killer Instinct
Mighty! Pang
Tetris the Grandmaster 2

These worked FINE in a different cabinet I used to own.

So is it a common problem that certain games (that are in perfect condition) will be lacking sound on a cabinet in which certain other games work just fine?

This is so frustrating. I hope somebody can help me soon!
Mellor
Please Continue...
Initials: MEL

Re: Really weird sound issues on my cab!

Post by Mellor »

You can get sound issues if one is wired for stereo and the other for mono etc.. A comon example being MVS and Jamma.

Only other issues I have ever had is an old WonderBoy In Monsterland which wasn't happy driving two speakers in Mono but would work fine with just one.

Other thing to check is the 12v to see if that is right. The sound amps on most games require the 12v coming from your PSU. If this is out to a certain degree some boards may have problems others will be fine. That is more than likely the problem. Slightly over 12v measured from your jamm edge would be best.