Irem Madonna. Help

Arcade cabinet hardware and accessories
Alex
eBay: jandrogo

Re: Irem Madonna. Help

Post by Alex »

Thats a pic from the monitor, it seems that the the 2 fuses are burnt (bottom left 125V-2A and right 125V-3A). Tomorrow I will go to buy new ones to replace the old ones to see if with the replacement the monitor comes to live... Or will be necessary to replace other parts? what other major damages are common when puting 220V instead 110V? :(

Thanks GrantUK :awe:
grantspain
Tech Head

Post by grantspain »

hopefully just bridge rectifier but maybe mains filter capacitor-if the fuse blows **** again then its the bridge rectifier short circuit-easy to reading using a multimeter
grantspain
Tech Head

Post by grantspain »

btw don't put your face near those fuses when you switch on,if its dead short then the fuses will probably explode :awe:
Alex

Post by Alex »

No luck yet, today I've gone to buy new fuses. Although I visited 3 shops in my town none of them had 125V3A or 125V2A or can order them, so all of them recommended to try with 250V3A and 250V2A fuses instead... bought one of each and tested... but there's no response from the monitor. It is as dead as before. No image, no lights and no fuse exploding...

Where to try now? where's that bridge rectifier and filter capacitor?

Anybody know where to buy or get these fuses to change 250V for new 125V?
grantspain
Tech Head

Post by grantspain »

230v fuse is the same as 115v mate,check your inout voltage is all correct then fault your bridge rectifier
mastercello
eBay: mastercello
Initials: BUS

Post by mastercello »

Get one of them here from mo:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NANAO-26in-MONITO ... 27a6af5dfc"

Or will these not fit?
25" = almost 26"
grantspain
Tech Head

Post by grantspain »

always read the crt label-it will say something like a66xxxxxx,the 66 denotes size in cms
Alex

Post by Alex »

After trying to repair the chassis myself I have finally decided to send it to professional to have it repaired, I don't want to **** it at all... :?
I have taken apart the chassis from the monitor and I have contacted Craig from Giz10p for sending and having it repaired.

26" it's almost 25" but cabinet inside size is very thin.. I would like to buy one of these 26" NANAO to fit the cabinet as are cheap and very common but It seems a the madonna will need a severe modding...

Thanks Grant for all your effort helping me in repairing the chassis, it's priceless but my electronic abilities are proportionally inverse to yours :oops:

Mastercello I am taking some measurements now :awe: