Help! : Naomi Shootout Pool PRIZE manual required (UK)

Arcade cabinet hardware and accessories
Parris
The ¥100 Ashtray
Help! : Naomi Shootout Pool PRIZE manual required (UK)

Post by Parris »

Hi,

I have obtained a Naomi Shootout Pool PRIZE cabinet and it is very, very different from the ordinary Naomi Universal cabinet. Can someone point me in the direction of a PDF version of this cabinet, and/or schematic diagrams. It's not the GDrom version, but cart. There is an additional 'lump' at the rear of the machine and clearly another set of PCB in a large metal chassis. Not entirely sure that it is yet as not had a good look. Unit arrives Wednesday morning (removed the Naomi already for safe keeping).

If anyone is interested I can take images - not sure how common or even what sort of interest Shootout Pool has among Naomi fans. It's a bit rough in condition, but fully working and the screen is great! I had in mind simply converting it to a standard machine, but tempted to see what it's like prior to that.

Thanks in advance.
grantspain
Tech Head

Re: Help! : Naomi Shootout Pool PRIZE manual required (UK)

Post by grantspain »

footix
Please Continue...

Post by footix »

this one is nowhere close to a standard machine. Many analog stuff is involved in there. Also you'd need to hunt for shootout pool (not prize) as it is the real game and not the money stuff. Maybe Geezer could sort you out.
Parris
The ¥100 Ashtray

Post by Parris »

footix wrote:this one is nowhere close to a standard machine. Many analog stuff is involved in there. Also you'd need to hunt for shootout pool (not prize) as it is the real game and not the money stuff. Maybe Geezer could sort you out.
I did notice he had one for £100 on his site, I was wondering how it differed in terms of game play etc. Many thanks for also listing the PDF Grant! ;-)

Light reading!
Parris
The ¥100 Ashtray

Post by Parris »

Parris wrote:
footix wrote:this one is nowhere close to a standard machine. Many analog stuff is involved in there. Also you'd need to hunt for shootout pool (not prize) as it is the real game and not the money stuff. Maybe Geezer could sort you out.
I did notice he had one for £100 on his site, I was wondering how it differed in terms of game play etc. Many thanks for also listing the PDF Grant! ;-)

Light reading!
This is a poor image taken by previous owner for eBay listing.

It's not the type of cabinet shown in the manual, however I am sure the majority of it is the same, except I have a large addition PCB set. It's just a Naomi Uni cab with a big fat a**e!
andygeezer
Blue Skies Ahead
Initials: AGS

Post by andygeezer »

Will take a look to see what spares I have for you today..

I know I got the brand new Win Prizes top flash that sticks to the marquee!
Say hello to my little friend...
Parris
The ¥100 Ashtray

Post by Parris »

Right, I obtained the full system yesterday, stripped it down and cleaned it inside and out. Fascinated to view the double Naomi 1 stuffed inside the metal casing to the rear of the unit (thanks for AndyGeezer for providing further information).

It's actually in remarkable shape under all the grease, grime, chip shop fats and cigarette yellow. I cleaned, scrubbed and rubbed the thing back to gleaming, beautiful condition. Just a bit of yellowing around the monitor surround. The stickers all cleaned off well.

Just need to replace the pool cue (Andy!) and decide whether to convert to Shootout Pool (rather than prize).

Anyone stumbling across THIS version of PDF manual for the unit, please let me know.
cools
Armed Police Buttrider
eBay: hordarian
Initials: CLS

Post by cools »

If there's a freeplay mode I'd leave it as prize :)

Although the honking great hopper is exceedingly ugly, converting it back to a regular Naomi is probably going to cost more than simply buying one.
Parris
The ¥100 Ashtray

Post by Parris »

cools wrote:If there's a freeplay mode I'd leave it as prize :)

Although the honking great hopper is exceedingly ugly, converting it back to a regular Naomi is probably going to cost more than simply buying one.
May end up being sold off / traded for a basic standard Uni. Not sure - a few options ;-) For the price I paid, I just had to snap it up as it was very local. Having a good shot of it just now though, thank God I am not actually paying though as I'd be broke!
Parris
The ¥100 Ashtray

Post by Parris »

Parris wrote:
cools wrote:If there's a freeplay mode I'd leave it as prize :)

May end up being sold off / traded for a basic standard Uni. Not sure - a few options ;-) For the price I paid, I just had to snap it up as it was very local. Having a good shot of it just now though, thank God I am not actually paying though as I'd be broke!

Although this is not a sales thread, someone contacted me and made an offer of £250.00 - item now sold pending payment.