2 Astro cabs, 1 pcb - how to make it work?

Arcade cabinet hardware and accessories
Flinnster
Please Continue...
eBay: flinnster
Initials: KID

Re: 2 Astro cabs, 1 pcb - how to make it work?

Post by Flinnster »

Yes - sorry, mate I must have missed this! Not been on Otaku for ages :oops:
The link loom worked fine! (issue was with the crappy pandora box I was testing with above, there's no screen tearing with original PCBs!)

Here's some pics of Demon Front running linked, which went to Revival X in May, with plenty of the paying public getting their hands on a PGM game for the very first time :D

WTD: Rolling Thunder pcb, ANY Dino King / Love & Berry / MushiKing spare parts!!
g4rou
eBay: g4rou
Initials: EDF

Post by g4rou »

Are there any schematics of where the pins should be soldered to?
Looking to make one to join 2 Astros I have ;)
Flinnster
Please Continue...
eBay: flinnster
Initials: KID

Post by Flinnster »

my-loom-works.jpg
Ok,
The player 1 'master' cab has the small 'passthru' jamma fingerboard plugged into the harness connector... so it has all the normal jamma edge connections for the main cab, and the game PCB can be plugged into the jamma edge on this connector as normal.
From the passthru fingerboard only cenertain wires are taken over to cab 2, which is the 'slave'. On the end of the link-loom is a fingerboard (the larger one in the photos above) to plug into cab 2's jamma connector.

- RGBS video is wired from the cab1 pins to the cab2 pins directly
- Speaker +/- is the same wired directly to the matching pins (my cabs are just mono audio)
- Ground is wired to ground on the cab2 fingerboard.

- On cab 2 'slave' fingerboard, the player 1 control pins on the parts side are wired to the player 2 controls on the solder side of the cab1 'master' passthru fingerboard.

That's the basics of it. Both my cabinets are wired 'CHAMMA' so buttons 4,5,6 are on pins 25,26, & 27 of the jamma connector.. I don't use separate kick harnesses.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
WTD: Rolling Thunder pcb, ANY Dino King / Love & Berry / MushiKing spare parts!!
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

Flinnster wrote: June 9th, 2019, 1:57 am- Speaker +/- is the same wired directly to the matching pins (my cabs are just mono audio)
When it's all set up, you will want to measure the resistance across Speaker +/- pins on the edge connector with a multimeter. I connected two Astros like this and blew the amp on an CPS3 board. Oops.

https://geoffthegreygeek.com/how-to-wir ... -speakers/
g4rou

Post by g4rou »

Flinnster wrote: June 9th, 2019, 1:57 am my-loom-works.jpg

Ok,
The player 1 'master' cab has the small 'passthru' jamma fingerboard plugged into the harness connector... so it has all the normal jamma edge connections for the main cab, and the game PCB can be plugged into the jamma edge on this connector as normal.
From the passthru fingerboard only cenertain wires are taken over to cab 2, which is the 'slave'. On the end of the link-loom is a fingerboard (the larger one in the photos above) to plug into cab 2's jamma connector.

- RGBS video is wired from the cab1 pins to the cab2 pins directly
- Speaker +/- is the same wired directly to the matching pins (my cabs are just mono audio)
- Ground is wired to ground on the cab2 fingerboard.

- On cab 2 'slave' fingerboard, the player 1 control pins on the parts side are wired to the player 2 controls on the solder side of the cab1 'master' passthru fingerboard.

That's the basics of it. Both my cabinets are wired 'CHAMMA' so buttons 4,5,6 are on pins 25,26, & 27 of the jamma connector.. I don't use separate kick harnesses.
Thanks Flinnster, great tutorial...will be trying this next week :thumbup:
g4rou

Post by g4rou »

nem wrote: June 9th, 2019, 1:34 pm
Flinnster wrote: June 9th, 2019, 1:57 am- Speaker +/- is the same wired directly to the matching pins (my cabs are just mono audio)
When it's all set up, you will want to measure the resistance across Speaker +/- pins on the edge connector with a multimeter. I connected two Astros like this and blew the amp on an CPS3 board. Oops.

https://geoffthegreygeek.com/how-to-wir ... -speakers/
Thanks for the advice nem ;)