What is the best Shmup Cabinet?

Arcade cabinet hardware and accessories
maxio098ui
Please Continue...
eBay: maxio098ui

What is the best Shmup Cabinet?

Post by maxio098ui »

I was wondering, what is the best cabinet for shooters, and why? I was thinking that it was the Egret 2 because of it's easily rotatable screen, but is there a cab that is just purely meant for shmups? The reason I ask is because I'm planning on getting a cabinet, but want to really know what I want. I'm exploring the space so to say. I'm still raising the money for my cab, can't wait to get one though.

Thx.
The screws used to seal up this cart are wood screws. Nobody is going to waste good wood screws on a bootleg, they'd just use cheap electronic screws instead.
CPS2
Street Fighter

Re: What is the best Shmup Cabinet?

Post by CPS2 »

http://www.arcadeotaku.com/forum/viewto ... =14&t=5294

Although i'd disagree and say that the Blast City is better for Shumps (better monitor)
maxio098ui
Please Continue...

Post by maxio098ui »

Is it a tri sync? and if it is I was under the impression that tri syncs didn't do low res that well. Or is that bs? I thought I heard or read that somewhere, it was a long time ago. Also is a blast city easy to come by in europe? And what kind of price should I expect?
Kretinou
eBay: Perklorik
Initials: JIC

Post by Kretinou »

Taito Teatro 50EX ?

maxio098ui
Please Continue...

Post by maxio098ui »

That there is the craziest thing i've ever seen. Is that a projection screen on its side? wtf?
The screws used to seal up this cart are wood screws. Nobody is going to waste good wood screws on a bootleg, they'd just use cheap electronic screws instead.
emphatic
Breastfeeds when required
eBay: jorgen_sjolander
Initials: JOR

Post by emphatic »

I'd say EGRET II or Astro City.
penrhos
Panel Beater
eBay: ngpd002

Post by penrhos »

CPS2 wrote:http://www.arcadeotaku.com/forum/viewto ... =14&t=5294

Although i'd disagree and say that the Blast City is better for Shumps (better monitor)
Take a trip to IC-09 and have a look - then tell me the blastcity is better.... Same tube in Windy-II & Blastcity, same spec chassis Windy is Toshiba, BC is Nanao.

If your space limited then an Aero city is probably the best option, if you only play 15Khz stuff or only have room for one cab then I'd go for an Egret-II every time.
2 * Vewlix Diamond Blacks,2 * Vewlix-F, 1 * Sega Rally 3, 1 * Video Pinball, 1 * DinoKing (JAMMA Converted).
thchardcore

Post by thchardcore »

Having seen both the Blast City and Windy II in person (I own the Blast, Dave K owns the Windy II) I vote for the Windy on looks alone. The Blast might be better with a Sanwa PFX, but the overall design is not as cool at all.

Mike
15khz upscaled is cheating
dmauro
Please Continue...

Post by dmauro »

It depends on what shmups you're playing. Only low res, mostly high res, both? For what it's worth, the Astro City is really easy to rotate. I can do mine alone without having to lay it on it's back as some people told me you have to do. I suppose there is a bit of risk of accidentally damaging it though.
tetsujin
Hello, I say
eBay: kukki_86
Initials: AC.

Post by tetsujin »

penrhos wrote: If your space limited then an Aero city is probably the best option, if you only play 15Khz stuff or only have room for one cab then I'd go for an Egret-II every time.

an Aero City is no better than an Astro space wise. There REALLY HEAVY and are just as deep. and only a tiny bit smaller in width and height :)

As for best cab:

A New Astro City. There the best built, best 15k monitor you can get, prob the easiest to find for sale and prob the cheapest too. and they look great, spares are easy enough to find and they come apart easy and in small parts to move them in most rooms/stairs.

Sure they dont have a rotae mech for the screen like an Egret II but they come in a frame (the monitor) so its easy enough if you take your time and think before you rotate it :)

Re the "I was under the impression that tri syncs didn't do low res that well. Or is that bs? I thought I heard or read that somewhere, it was a long time ago."

Some are some are not. Some monitors do both 31k and 15k very whell like the Sanwa PFX etc.

Some not so great like the Sammy AW cabs but they all look ok if you not super fussy.

If you just plan to play JAMMA then just get a 15k Jamma cab like a Astro.
LOL Cats... stupid cats
markedkiller78
Pony fucker
eBay: markedkiller78
Initials: MAL

Post by markedkiller78 »

Egret 2.

Rotate mech (for all those hori shmups) & a Nanao monitor.

If you are going to play 31k shmups, then it would make sense to go for a Blast or Windy.
maxio098ui
Please Continue...

Post by maxio098ui »

So are these blasts easy to come by? and do all blasts have pfx monitors?

thanks everyone for the replies
penrhos
Panel Beater
eBay: ngpd002

Post by penrhos »

BC come with Nanao monitors as standard - if you can get a PFX It'll fit inside but you'll need to mod the bezel.
2 * Vewlix Diamond Blacks,2 * Vewlix-F, 1 * Sega Rally 3, 1 * Video Pinball, 1 * DinoKing (JAMMA Converted).