MVS-U4 Select/change game wiring

Arcade cabinet hardware and accessories
lastspaceship
eBay: ebay.co.uk/usr/mattcmonfeet
Initials: TLS

MVS-U4 Select/change game wiring

Post by lastspaceship »

Just trying to work out the select button wiring on an MVS-U4. I have a 4 slot, Have a cable wired for credit, but assume the yellow select button changes the games? presume this should be wired directly to the 4 slot? Its not directly wired so assuming that's why it doesn't work. Just wondering what the correct set up is and cable, couldn't quite work it out from the manuals.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
nem
Needs a custom rank

Re: MVS-U4 Select/change game wiring

Post by nem »

Yes, game select is on the middle button.

Game select down / up are on pins d / 26 on the motherboard edge connector. See if one of the pins is populated, and if so, where the wire leads to.
lastspaceship

Post by lastspaceship »

Ah ok cool, so its actually on the edge connector, I was thinking it was maybe wired separately. will trace it when im back by the cab later. Appreciated.
lastspaceship

Post by lastspaceship »

was being a bit thick here. Needed to have dip 1 on to access the test menu, as the test button didn't access it, once into the settings changed the setting to let it change when not credited and now select works. Just need to get headphone cable next..
ChrisBEANS
moneyspendingexpert.com
eBay: chrismartinlewis
Initials: BNS

Post by ChrisBEANS »

lastspaceship wrote: March 27th, 2023, 10:57 pm was being a bit thick here. Needed to have dip 1 on to access the test menu, as the test button didn't access it, once into the settings changed the setting to let it change when not credited and now select works. Just need to get headphone cable next..
So sorry dude, fully intended to answer your PM!! Awesome that you’re already all over it!
wonderbanana
You can't polish a turd, but I can

Post by wonderbanana »

Wicked to see this now has a 4 slot in as intended :awe:
markedkiller78 wrote:that's probably my best contribution to the forum to date "I am pluralising fanny"
lastspaceship

Post by lastspaceship »

Cheers both - truth is just need to read the manual :lol: Been a bit (a lot 8-) ) sidetracked with fixing Robotron so hadn't actually spent much time working out the U4 properly. I have the light mod coming, I think just need to get a correct headphone cable and then everything there for now (also got a few repro's from Muddy/oli). The edge connector on the 4 slot was very tight, but just filed the 4 slot edge very slightly. Its a cool bit of kit (the 4 slot) love the fact you have sliders for volume on it, and the game rotation to see is ace.
Screenshot 2023-03-28 at 10.21.07.png
Screenshot 2023-03-28 at 10.24.16.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ChrisBEANS
moneyspendingexpert.com
eBay: chrismartinlewis
Initials: BNS

Post by ChrisBEANS »

Absolutely solid lineup in it too!!!

I’m definitely aiming to visit soon!