Making an E2 stereo amp?

Arcade cabinet hardware and accessories
Lazyace
eBay: Lazyace1980
Initials: BRK

Making an E2 stereo amp?

Post by Lazyace »

Hi all,

I'm looking to make up a stereo amp for my Egret 2 cabs so I can get the full sonic effect of the Konami GX boards, along with CPS2 etc. etc. I'm unable to find the original Taito stereo amp and I hear it's not the best either so making one would be a good option, I also like to tinker.

I don't want to hack anything about if I can avoid it, although I've already attached quick release bullet heads to the back of the mono/stereo/test panel since I had to remove them to re-plate the panel when I did my restore.

I have made up interchangeable/unpluggable custom JST speaker cable ends for use with MiSTer/GroovyMAME and a little car amp, which works well, but would be nice if I could somehow adapt the original hardware to use the mono/stereo switch in the cab for my stereo boards. I can power the amp separately if needed as have a discrete extension lead inside the cab, since I use the power with a wifi plug, so that part isn't a problem.

I have the original manuals with the wiring diagram, so I can see how it all 'goes together' I just can't quite get my brain in gear to understand how to either use the car amp I've got or what I'd need to use a stereo amp and wire it in using the original mono/stereo switch and get it all working.

I'm fairly confident with a soldering iron and any kind of wiring (generally!), so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers