Chewlix/Vewlix Budget Monitor Mount?

Arcade cabinet hardware and accessories
WamuuBamuu
Please Continue...
eBay: bamsi-15
Initials: BAM

Chewlix/Vewlix Budget Monitor Mount?

Post by WamuuBamuu »

I'm getting a shipment for an empty Chewlix machine some time around March, and I'm super excited to get to work on it!!! o(*゚▽゚*)o I've got pretty realized plans for all the internals, and all that's left to do is to wait for parts to get in.

With that said, there's just one gray area that's still a bit unclear for me;

I don't know how I'm going to get it mounted. I know Hadouken Arcade has a universal VESA bracket that many seem to swear by, but to be quite honest, I can't really see myself shelling out $200 just to mount the also-$200 monitor I'm buying. (¬_¬)

If anyone's got more cost-effective methods for mounting a Vewlix/Chewlix monitor, I would appreciate it a lot if y'all could share some with me!!! Whether it's a cheaper alternative bracket, a way to jerry-rig it, or assurance that I can actually just chuck the monitor in there without a bracket, I'd love to hear you guys' methods!!!

(P.S. I'm planning to get an LG 32GN500-B. And supposedly, it's actually a 31.5" monitor instead of a 32"... is this fine? Will it still fit a Vewlix/Chewlix cabinet?)
"Well, I'm not gonna give up! I'm not gonna rest a minute until I see him again!"

nem
Needs a custom rank

Re: Chewlix/Vewlix Budget Monitor Mount?

Post by nem »

WamuuBamuu wrote: January 24th, 2022, 8:39 amP.S. I'm planning to get an LG 32GN500-B. And supposedly, it's actually a 31.5" monitor instead of a 32"... is this fine?

It's the same size. I don't know where the size discrepancy comes from.

Since you're getting a Chewlix and Chewlixes aren't made to any standards, nobody can give you exact instructions. However, I bet you can do it with just some bolts and spacers.