Neo Geo SC19 psu

Arcade cabinet hardware and accessories
Benimaru7
eBay: Benimaru7
Initials: Ben

Neo Geo SC19 psu

Post by Benimaru7 »

I have an SC19 which works and has a 110v - 220v step down block wired in, but after 10-15 minutes I start to get a buzzing noise which affects the screen on black or white with horizontal interference. I’m assuming it’s the big block step down… :problem:

I think I’d be better off ditching it as it looks to be 100 years old! I’ll use an external step down as this works fine with my Astro. I assume I can remove the step down and it’s wiring and flick the switch on the psu back to 110v? Or should I invest in a new psu?
nem
Needs a custom rank

Re: Neo Geo SC19 psu

Post by nem »

Transformers don't go bad.

Either it's the PSU or the monitor acting up.

Benimaru7 wrote: January 19th, 2022, 11:05 pm I assume I can remove the step down and it’s wiring and flick the switch on the psu back to 110v?

So the step down transformer is just there for the monitor? Really?
Benimaru7

Post by Benimaru7 »

I took a look at it again this morning and the step-down is just for the monitor as you said, the psu for the MVS is a Wei-Ya WY-007 but I don't know what the wattage/amps are, I'd like to replace it ideally, do you know what the cab needs?

The monitor step down is pretty bad appearance-wise and looks like it starts to whine as it warms up, I lifted out the screen and powered it up and the neck was quiet. I'll take out the old step down and reroute the wires directly to the internal monitor power plug, then use an external Airlink step down. Oh and remember to switch the Wei-Ya to 110V :awe:

At least if it still did whine I can assume its the Wei-Ya! :lol:
Benimaru7

Post by Benimaru7 »

Well I rewired the screen so it bypassed the internal step-down and used a higher quality external step down which seemed great until the whine came back!
Turns out its the cab psu, not the monitor at all. :awe:
So I've ordered a new one... at least there is less clutter inside the cab and the ancient step-down is gone. :lol: