Candy Cab Storage

Arcade cabinet hardware and accessories
Yamazaki
eBay: nippon-net_de

Candy Cab Storage

Post by Yamazaki »

Soooo

the day has come - man-cave leaves, children's room comes xD

before selling my cabs I consider renting a small storage room. Ideally with electricity but most of them here in Germany don't have that.

considering that the storage room will be cool, dry and properly ventilated.

are there any risks on letting the cabs (Blast City, Impress) sit for let's say a couple of years without usage? will the monitors die on me?
thomj
I love Aerosmith and they look great together
Initials: TWJ

Re: Candy Cab Storage

Post by thomj »

Should be fine. Just need to do a few checks when you take them out:

give them time to adjust to the temperature and humidity being back in your home before turning them on. At least 24 hours

ideally give them a quick check over before powering on - a check for leaky caps etc. At minimum make sure there aren't cobwebs or stray bits of crap over everything.

I did this with a few cabs. Most were fine, one chassis had collapse when powered on but could well have happened over that time period even if kept in regular use.
leadedsolder
eBay: ravuya
Initials: BTT

Re: Candy Cab Storage

Post by leadedsolder »

I’d throw some taped-together garbage bags or painting drop cloths over as a dust cover. Storage units here tend to be really dusty and it carries over from adjacent units. Otherwise you should be fine.

A lot of these units probably sat for years in storage before they were exported anyway, and I bet Japanese humidity is a lot worse than anything a storage unit in Germany can dish out.