Wat about bat handles mounted on a Seimitsu LS-56?

Arcade cabinet hardware and accessories
ckong
Please Continue...

Wat about bat handles mounted on a Seimitsu LS-56?

Post by ckong »

Years ago I had a beautiful New Astro City, sold it, never slept well being NAC-less and purchsed another one from rklok a few weeks ago. Happy now! 8-) :D This is my new beauty >

NAC 2021.jpg
But ... it has Sanwa JLF tp-8yt sticks on it and I rather would have Semitsi LS-32 sticks. My first NAC had them too and I remember how much I liked them (I only play SHMUP's and classic 80's like DK. Pacman, Galaga and the like. I Never ever play fighter Games).

However, the NAC has the 'new' control panel with Sanway joystick mount plates (S-shape with two holes 65 mm apart), which makes mounting an LS-32 with whatever available mounting plate a pain in the but. And because swapping the panel is no option for me, I consider getting a few LS-56-1 sticks instead (with VF mount plate) + octagonal restrictors and the 'short throw mod' acrylic thingies. I already had them in the shopping basket, together with a few translucent balltops, when I saw these good looking (IMO) translucent bathandles >

kori-clear-hollow-battop-.jpg
I never considered getting bathandles on the Seimitsu sticks and now I'm wondering how they would feel and play, the SHMUPS I mean. What are your thoughs or experience with bathandles?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Aurich

Re: Wat about bat handles mounted on a Seimitsu LS-56?

Post by Aurich »

I'm going off memory here, so someone correct me if I'm not getting the details right, but I think the LS-40 is the same as the LS-32, but with a mounting plate that's compatible with the same plate as a JLF. So no need to switch up if you like that feel. Look into it at least, I could be getting some things mixed up.

As far as bat handles go, it's purely a matter of personal preference. I like balltops myself, but the bat tops will fit the exact same joysticks, and aren't exactly expensive, so I say why not go for it? Worst case scenario you decide you don't like them and order some balltops to replace them. You're out a few bucks and learned something about your preferences.
ckong
Please Continue...

Post by ckong »

That's true, the bathandles are not that expensive, I might just as well get them too, together withh balltops.

I did a lot of reading on several joysticks, including the LS-40. Unfortunately the SE and SS mounting plates that are availabel for the LS-40 will not fit in my control panel. THE VF plate does, the two holes are 65 mm apart, exactly the same distance as the two holes in my CP >

Seimitsu mounting plates.jpg

Picture of my CP

IMG_20211230_000014.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cools
Armed Police Buttrider
eBay: hordarian
Initials: CLS

Post by cools »

Would drilling a flat plate work, or is the LS32 too large generally to fit between those holes and still allow screws in?
thegreathopper
Geese's Bodyguard
eBay: thegreathopper
Initials: STV

Post by thegreathopper »

32’s are too big for that mount, unfortunately I had the same problem with my Noir which again are designed for Sanwa’s.
emphatic
Breastfeeds when required
eBay: jorgen_sjolander
Initials: JOR

Post by emphatic »

Here are some more options:

https://paradisearcadeshop.com/products ... pter-plate

https://paradisearcadeshop.com/products ... pter-plate

Their universal S-plate is not in stock. KOWAL has two universal plates as well, but they're sold out at Arcade World UK as well as with Focusattack. Maybe these can help: https://www.ebay.com/itm/124786079851?h ... SwyDVg1WN8 ?
ChrisBEANS
moneyspendingexpert.com
eBay: chrismartinlewis
Initials: BNS

Post by ChrisBEANS »

Can’t recommend the Kowal universal plates enough.

I can’t link direct to the specific post for some reason, but I used them on my cab. Plenty of photos of them being used a few posts down on this page:- viewtopic.php?p=541979#p541979
ckong
Please Continue...

Post by ckong »

cools wrote: December 31st, 2021, 8:20 am Would drilling a flat plate work, or is the LS32 too large generally to fit between those holes and still allow screws in?
The bleu block of the LS-32-01 will still be too large to fit between the holes. I read that some people could 'dremel' it in, but I don't want to make such a mess. :) Besides, the LS-32 was my first choice before I started reading a bit more, and it looks like the general preference for SHMUP's is either a LS-40 (with the same mounting problem) or a LS-56. And together with the VF plate, the LS-56 will fit perfectly on the Sanwa mount in the CP. :awe:
ckong
Please Continue...

Post by ckong »

ChrisBEANS wrote: December 31st, 2021, 11:45 am Can’t recommend the Kowal universal plates enough.....
Yes, I came across them, but I think that they are pretty pricey, Euro 15 each, something like that. And the LS-32 will still not fit on the small 'Sanwa' mount in my CP, the blue block of the stick is simply too large.
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

There's a way to get LS-32s fitted, but you would need an adapter plate that sits in between, two countersunk M4 screws and four carriage bolts. I have both old and new panels, so I haven't seen the need to tackle this issue, but I can whip up a 3D model that can be printed if someone wants to try it out. Caveats: button 4 might be blocked and the stick will sit a tiny bit lower than normal.
arcnl

Post by arcnl »

I played with bat handles quite a while when i had some mortal kombat stick or something. Its just something that you get used to but ultimately matters very little imho. And for the cost involved id say go for it.
ckong
Please Continue...

Post by ckong »

arcnl wrote: January 1st, 2022, 1:02 am ....And for the cost involved id say go for it.

Yep, will do. :)
cRacKh0rN
Custom rank pending return
eBay: thecrunchieone
Initials: DAB

Post by cRacKh0rN »

Slightly OT but I just got some LS-38's which are like the 32's with a stiffer spring.
I am totally in love with them for shmups. The new go-to for me
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

Don't know about shmups, but I do really enjoy playing Tetris with them. Perfect feel IMO.