Looking for Sega JVS 60-pin digital harness to IO board (custom version accepted)

Arcade cabinet hardware and accessories
MrJBRPG
exA-Arcadia Super Fan
eBay: Johnshibrpg
Initials: JPM

Looking for Sega JVS 60-pin digital harness to IO board (custom version accepted)

Post by MrJBRPG »

Before making this post, I researched about various 60-pin 2 row digital harness that can connect to several Sega JVS IO boards, like Sega 837-14572 (Sega JVS IO board type 3).

I first looked up and found that an official part NOA-60022 - 60pin Digital Wire Harness Amp Sega I/O, but they seem to be sold out or have absolutely no stock.

Finding the best suitable 60 pin digital harness is the most difficult part of building an arcade cabinet.

Recently, I looked up on eBay and did find a few Sega JVS IO boards, but they do not specifically list the 60 pin digital harness on the items, despite the picture of harness looking promising. So I sent questions to various sellers to confirm the 60 pin digital harness.

I would like to know the following:

What kinds of JVS 60 pin 2 row digital harnesses are compatible with Sega JVS IO board type 3 that are available?

If I must resort to a custom 60 pin 2 row digital harness, who would be the best contact besides @LemonyVengeance ? I spoke with him through other communication channels that can make custom harnesses and willing to pay any price, regardless of supply chain issue.

The overall goal is to set up a JVS connection from Exa Arcadia to a JVS IO board to the 60 pin digital harness to successfully play the arcade video games.

Any help is appreciated.
nem
Needs a custom rank

Re: Looking for Sega JVS 60-pin digital harness to IO board (custom version accepted)

Post by nem »

Easy enough to make on your own, although parts could be in short supply.

The connector is JST RA.

There's no reason to terminate the other end to AMP UP (like in Sega cabs), if you're not going to use it in a cab.

MrJBRPG wrote: November 21st, 2021, 4:34 am The overall goal is to set up a JVS connection from Exa Arcadia to a JVS IO board to the 60 pin digital harness to successfully play the arcade video games.

Well, you need controls at the end of any harness to successfully play anything. What are you thinking of doing there?
MrJBRPG
exA-Arcadia Super Fan
eBay: Johnshibrpg
Initials: JPM

Re: Looking for Sega JVS 60-pin digital harness to IO board (custom version accepted)

Post by MrJBRPG »

nem wrote: November 21st, 2021, 10:31 am Easy enough to make on your own, although parts could be in short supply.

The connector is JST RA.

There's no reason to terminate the other end to AMP UP (like in Sega cabs), if you're not going to use it in a cab.

MrJBRPG wrote: November 21st, 2021, 4:34 am The overall goal is to set up a JVS connection from Exa Arcadia to a JVS IO board to the 60 pin digital harness to successfully play the arcade video games.

Well, you need controls at the end of any harness to successfully play anything. What are you thinking of doing there?
I have the buttons and joysticks with me so I am mostly ready to build my own cabinet. Sanwa kind on both and suzo-happ buttons. I already got a good contact to talk to.