Cps-2 kick harness help

Arcade cabinet hardware and accessories
LT1976
eBay: Arthur_garcia

Cps-2 kick harness help

Post by LT1976 »

Hello everyone

I bought a kick harness for my astro and I realize I have no clue how to install it

Hope someone here can help me

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
nem
Needs a custom rank

Re: Cps-2 kick harness help

Post by nem »

There's two ways.

You could crimp some .110 open barrel terminals on the ends of the wires and just plug the harness straight to the buttons.

or

You can put a 10-pin male AMP UP connector on the end and use the auxiliary control panel connector. However, you will need a secondary harness inside the control panel.

The 'input' connector is next to the jamma connector, the 'output' connector is circled below

control_panel_aux_connector.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
LT1976
eBay: Arthur_garcia

Post by LT1976 »

Thanks for replying

So if I plug the wires to the buttons, which wire goes where?
Is it only buttons 5 and 6 I need to wire or button 4 too?( is already wired from jamma harnesss but button does not work)

Also read something about black wires being ground, What does that mean and where do I plug those?

Again thanks for all help :)
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

LT1976 wrote: November 12th, 2021, 11:51 pmSo if I plug the wires to the buttons, which wire goes where?

Pinout is here:

https://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/w/CPS1,_CP ... s#CPS2.2F3

Is it only buttons 5 and 6 I need to wire or button 4 too?( is already wired from jamma harnesss but button does not work)

You need to wire all three.

Also read something about black wires being ground, What does that mean and where do I plug those?

You take ground from the kick harness connector. Buttons have two terminals, one terminal is connected to ground, the other to the input. Ground is common, so it can be shared. You take one ground connection (from either pin 33 or 34) and split it three ways.