Sticker restoration

Arcade cabinet hardware and accessories
erzane
Not Made In Japan
eBay: Gab79

Sticker restoration

Post by erzane »

Hi there,
Since the position of that main serial sticker based on the PSU of a NAC wasen't favorable, I only succeeded to scan 75% of it first. I had to remove it completely to scan it proper to go further but I lost some caracters during that operation. It hardly crumbled, so I had to cover it with a tape. I didn't have cleaned all surface for the moment but I managed to restor some caracters lost or damaged during the removing.
For the moment, I have two versions : one that I left with its natural color due to smoke and heat ; another one that I desaturated then increased the black and white surfaces to make it as close as new. I guess that sticker began yellowish/beige with ages so I think it was plain black and plain white back to 1994, but I'm not totally sure about this.
Also, I left all caracters as is, I kept their ruggish style but I don't know how to proceed now. Should I fill all caracters and surfaces with a plain 100% black and white brush to make the surfaces clean and homogeneous ?
More, that sticker is a paper sheet sticker. As far as I know, any reproduction will be printed on vinyl, so I'd need some advises for the next steps concerning the correct colorimetry. If anyones of you is used to reproduce stickers by a professional way, your help is appreciated.

p.s. my goal is to restore all the NAC stickers like this then find somebody who can print them profesionaly for me. This one I'll do two versions. One with the serial and another without. Like this it will be possible to add the serial of your choice by hand on each sticker.

Thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by erzane on February 7th, 2022, 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arcade's nice when done well
necroticart
eBay: Froggiethegfunk
Initials: JRR

Re: Sticker restoration

Post by necroticart »

I'll just put these here enjoy! I matched the font the best I could it is not 100% accurate but close.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
crmb
Please Continue...

Post by crmb »

Regarding the "industrial" font, it might be available somewhere in digital form... but one need to find the name. You would probably find an answer on some japanese forum with some font experts (or reddit) ?

Why do you want to make them on vynil ? you can't show them to some local printer and ask about the paper stock ? (yes maybe it would be expensive, i don't know)

(Personally i would not replace those stickers with the serial no (but i am the collector type))
emphatic
Breastfeeds when required
eBay: jorgen_sjolander
Initials: JOR

Post by emphatic »

Use an online tool like this: https://www.fontsquirrel.com/matcherato ... wb67dnolr7

Just upload the image and change the highlighted area for each different area. Some fonts are a better match, but not free.
erzane
Not Made In Japan

Post by erzane »

necroticart wrote: November 8th, 2021, 4:10 am I'll just put these here enjoy! I matched the font the best I could it is not 100% accurate but close.
You didn't respect the fonts. Be patient, soon as I've found a good printer, these will be available.

emphatic > thanks!

crmb> japanese paper can be a good idea, I'm working on it to find some close to that fine paper but it will take a little time.
Btw, there is not a bunch of japaneses who care about repros stickers. They mostly buy by the westerners.
Hackcell
eBay: jaczeld
Initials: DJV

Post by Hackcell »

erzane wrote: February 7th, 2022, 7:29 pm
necroticart wrote: November 8th, 2021, 4:10 am I'll just put these here enjoy! I matched the font the best I could it is not 100% accurate but close.
You didn't respect the fonts. Be patient, soon as I've found a good printer, these will be available.

emphatic > thanks!

crmb> japanese paper can be a good idea, I'm working on it to find some close to that fine paper but it will take a little time.
Btw, there is not a bunch of japaneses who care about repros stickers. They mostly buy by the westerners.
Did you find the paper?
erzane
Not Made In Japan

Post by erzane »

Hackcell wrote: April 20th, 2022, 8:17 pm
erzane wrote: February 7th, 2022, 7:29 pm

emphatic > thanks!

Did you find the paper?
Not yet