NAC CP gloss or matte?

Arcade cabinet hardware and accessories
lastspaceship
eBay: ebay.co.uk/usr/mattcmonfeet
Initials: TLS

NAC CP gloss or matte?

Post by lastspaceship »

Just canvasing some opinion from NAC owners -

I have 2 cps on machines and a spare that are in good-ish shape but looking at getting one or two repros - the Cp's seem to vary some more matte some more gloss/shiny - wondered what people had, if they had a view - both look decent to me.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DaveyD
eBay: Dr_Daph
Initials: DPD

Re: NAC CP gloss or matte?

Post by DaveyD »

The panels originally have a matt coating on them, but it can get worn/scratched away to reveal the glossy polycarbonate. I had one that got some damage to the matt finish, so I removed the buttons, and sticks, then went over it with a mini polishing mop and T-cut to remove the matt coating and made it all uniform glossy
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

Actually, Sega, Seimitsu and Sanwa all had slightly different looking overlays. For instance I have a 1P panel by Seimitsu that is matte, while an original 2L6B Sega panel is glossy. From the panels above, the two first panels are either by Sanwa or Seimitsu (notice the Licensed by Sega bit) and the bottom one is by Sega.

Or they're all repros. Who knows these days.

I don't really mind if it's glossy or matte, as long as the finish is hard wearing. The Seimitsu panel I have scratches really easily...
lastspaceship
eBay: ebay.co.uk/usr/mattcmonfeet
Initials: TLS

Post by lastspaceship »

great info cheers. would you say the bottom one is a glossy finish ?? (this is not a test :D )
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

The original Astro panels I have are definitely glossy as opposed to matte. They don't have a mirror finish though. So I don't know, semi-glossy?
phillv85
Please Continue...
Initials: PAV

Post by phillv85 »

Yeah if they were paint they'd be satin as opposed to gloss.