New Astro City/General Coin Meter Wiring question.

Arcade cabinet hardware and accessories
anderoo
Please Continue...
eBay: andrewe205

New Astro City/General Coin Meter Wiring question.

Post by anderoo »

Hi, I'm hoping to get a little help reconnecting the coin meter in my New Astro City. I've managed to restore most of the wiring to the original setup but the last part has me a bit stuck.

From the back of the coin meter I have a black wire and a red with white stripe. The blue AMP-UP connector plugs into the back of the coin meter:

From the JAMMA loom I have the AMP-UP connector with pin 8 from the JAMMA loom (black), ground (white) and +5v (yellow)

Is it as simple as connecting the black cables together to connect the coin meter to the JAMMA coin meter pin and the red/white stripe to ground it? I've started to confuse myself by seeing the need for a diode somewhere in the coin meter circuit?
anderoo
Please Continue...
eBay: andrewe205

Re: New Astro City/General Coin Meter Wiring question.

Post by anderoo »

I'm still looking for an answer to this.

If anyone with a NAC can take some photo's of the wiring behind the coin meter that may be quite helpful, thanks.
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

I have a regular Astro City. There's a 4-pin AMP UP female connector on the back of the coin box. Pinout is

pin 1 - +5V
pin 2 - Coin meter 1 (pin 8 on jamma connector)
pin 3 - GND
pin 4 - GND

Check continuity from the jamma connector to the 2-pin AMP UP connector and you'll get your answer. I suggest you unplug the DC OUTPUT connectors on the PSU, because otherwise you can get false positives (GND and +5V can show continuity due to the filter cap in the PSU).
copados33
Please Continue...
eBay: psycho-q

Post by copados33 »

nem wrote: December 4th, 2020, 9:58 am I have a regular Astro City. There's a 4-pin AMP UP female connector on the back of the coin box. Pinout is

pin 1 - +5V
pin 2 - Coin meter 1 (pin 8 on jamma connector)
pin 3 - GND
pin 4 - GND

Check continuity from the jamma connector to the 2-pin AMP UP connector and you'll get your answer. I suggest you unplug the DC OUTPUT connectors on the PSU, because otherwise you can get false positives (GND and +5V can show continuity due to the filter cap in the PSU).
Are you sure pin 1 is +5v?? afaik pin 1 was +12v, if not, then that will explain why my coin comparator didn't work :D
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

copados33 wrote: December 10th, 2020, 5:35 pmAre you sure pin 1 is +5v?? afaik pin 1 was +12v, if not, then that will explain why my coin comparator didn't work :D
It's definitely +5V. From the schematic:

astro_city_coin_meter_wiring.jpg

30 +5V
80 COIN METER 1
50 GND
50 GND
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.