Blast City No Sound

Arcade cabinet hardware and accessories
Andypc
eBay: Andyapc
Initials: APC

Blast City No Sound

Post by Andypc »

I have been refurbishing a Blast City. The power supply/amp were cleaned out and serviced by Grant. Everything was working and I tested the sound with a lead from my phone and it was working perfectly. I got a new tube for the monitor from Jeff and grant serviced the chassis. I finally got round to getting the monitor back in and now I have no sound. The only thing I have done is tip the cabinet over to install the monitor. Everything else is working perfectly I just don't have any sound. Not even a hiss if I turn the volume right up or if I touch the phono inputs. Everything appears to be connected to the IO board correctly. Even tried changing the Jamma loom and made sure it's on the right connector. Tried both a Jamma board with the speaker connector and the line connector with my phone connected to the phono as before but I get nothing. Any tips on the best way to trouble shoot.
“You can have it any colour you want, so long as it’s black.” Henry Ford
Wanted:- Tehkan World Cup cab
Andypc
eBay: Andyapc
Initials: APC

Re: Blast City No Sound

Post by Andypc »

Think I just fixed it by sliding the power supply out and back in re-seating the connector.
“You can have it any colour you want, so long as it’s black.” Henry Ford
Wanted:- Tehkan World Cup cab
RandomRetro
Please Continue...
eBay: carnick10
Initials: RNR

Re: Blast City No Sound

Post by RandomRetro »

Was going to suggest testing other speakers out of the Jamma connector, but if the that worked with the PSU even better.