TAITO Canary few questions / refurbishing

Arcade cabinet hardware and accessories
Cully75
eBay: cully75 on Neo-Arcadia
Initials: BMN

TAITO Canary few questions / refurbishing

Post by Cully75 »

Hello friends,

the COVID-19 outbreak gave me the necessary spare time to begin my first real cabinet refurbishing of a taito canary I bought more than a year ago.
As everything is new for me, dispite 7 candys at home :wtf: every step is an adventure :lol:
I began to strip down the cab, it will need both metal work and painting :
Image Image Image

Don't have any metal door on the back (as in @zak image below) but a wooden one. Is a part missing ?

Got a small miss on the front, but the paint is overall good : would you fix it and repaint it (and loose the original paint wich is a little bit granulated). A little bit of paint is missing too on the glass art; as one of my friend is pinstripping stuffs, do you believe a little paint work on it would do the job and would merge harmoniously ?
Image Image Image

The original panel was missing, found one withe the help of @zak , thanks again ! not minty, but at least original ;)
Got a small problem with it, as the screw are a little bit smaller than the regulat one, does someone know where I can find some ?
Image Image

The screen is not original too and not working at the moment (Wells Gardner 25), and here isi my first question : can I unplug it and get it out of the cab without uncharging it, if I don't touch anything on it and let it on the side for future work ? like that I got the time to strip it all on it before sanding and painting...the screen had not been power on for a least a year.
Image Image

As I will repaint the cab, I needed to change the stickers too, found some in arcade art shop, in green
https://www.arcadeartshop.com/product/t ... icker-set/

That's all for the moment, thanks for your eventual hints !
zak
Acetated
eBay: NA

Re: TAITO Canary few questions / refurbishing

Post by zak »

I would not paint the plastic part. The damage on yours is very small. I also have a very small chip. I didn't restore this part.

The back door is made of wood, don't worry ;) it's not missing.

I remember buying those small screws on yahoo. I am sure I have a few somewhere :think: I will have a look for you.

Do you have both parts of the original JAMMA loom? (it is 2 parts which lock together).

The arcadeartshop art is good. These are scans of my originals :awe:

This will look lovely when finished!

I don't have an answer about your monitor question. I imported an original 25" Toshiba Tube from Japan to replace the burnt one on mine.
PrincessPrinPrin
eBay: *mkl*
Initials: MKL

Post by PrincessPrinPrin »

The monitor is not only unoriginal but also not the correct size. You need one with an A59 tube, this is an A63. You can take it out without discharging it.
Cully75
eBay: cully75 on Neo-Arcadia
Initials: BMN

Post by Cully75 »

Thank you @zak for your inputs ! and thanks for your offer, if you could find 4 of the screws it will be fantastic ;)
Yes, I have both parts of the original JAMMA loom, already been stripped with the panel.

@PrincessPrinPrin I was wondering how you could tell on a such small pic :lol: few reading later, realized that american 25 ((size 26 with 25 viewable) are in fact bigger than Japanese one (size 25 with 23 viewable). Thank you for this information. So got 3 options : keep it like this and reduce manualy the viewable size to fit, finding a A59 (wich seems rarest than a chicken mollar) or changing it for a TV screen. Thanks too for the hint about taking it out, will do it today with less fear :oops: