Vewlix F DVI

Arcade cabinet hardware and accessories
mozie
Initials: JON

Vewlix F DVI

Post by mozie »

Cant seem to get a signal from DVI connection on my vewlix F (sanwa monitor), well I can if I 'hotswap' from another monitor to vewlix once the pc has booted, then I get an image but if I plug pc into vewlix I get 'no signal' remote doesnt do anything just changes between RGB and DVI, both no signal.. If i plug pc into another monitor, wait for it to boot then swap vga cable to vewlix and turn it on it works.. any ideas?
wigsplitta
Savile's alibi

Re: Vewlix F DVI

Post by wigsplitta »

What Operating Sytem is on your PC?

I used to see the issue loads when moving PCs around that were Windows XP - moving a PC to a screen with a lower resolution would result in a black screen because it was out of range, and couldn't auto adapt.
I Got PAID...
ウィッグスプリッター - スーパーガレージゲームセンター。
mozie

Post by mozie »

Windows 10 clean install, had windows 7 on it previously and was the same.. funny that it works if i swap from one monitor to the other.. another thing I noticed is if I use a DVI-VGA adapter I get nothing either, but regular VGA works fine with pc/dreamcast/360 etc..
wigsplitta
Savile's alibi

Post by wigsplitta »

Weird. What happens if you let the PC fully boot whilst connected to the Sanwa, and then hotwap to another monitor?
I Got PAID...
mozie

Post by mozie »

Yeah it is, Sanwa displays 'No signal' and if I unplug the cable and plug it back into the regular monitor it comes up fine..really scratching my head here..sanwa monitor cable is DVI-D single link and PC is DVI-D Dual but I presume the cable isint an issue as it does display an image when I swap over once pc has booted :think:
Thundaar
Please Continue...
eBay: NuKernel
Initials: 1up

Post by Thundaar »

Could it be an HDCP or DRM issue?
wigsplitta
Savile's alibi

Post by wigsplitta »

Have you tried powering the monitor (just the monitor and not the whole cab) on and off once the PC has booted? I've just remembered that I've seen it once or twice where I had a blank screen. Power cycled the monitor and all was showing again.
I Got PAID...
mozie

Post by mozie »

Actually managed to sort this, was the crap onboard graphics card in the PC, was waiting on a GTX to arrive when i swapped it in it worked fine.... lesson learned :problem: