Aero City monitor fitting question.

Arcade cabinet hardware and accessories
mylz
eBay: mylzgamez
Initials: MLZ

Aero City monitor fitting question.

Post by mylz »

Hello!

I'm going to be picking up an empty aero city cabinet later this month. Theres a 27" Wells Gardner on Craigslist for cheap but I'm wondering if it will fit since the aero city takes a 26" monitor.

There was a post on here years ago from a person who managed to fit a 29" monitor in his aero city but the pictures he uploaded no longer work. I figure if he can fit a 29" then a 27" should be no problem but I was wondering if someone could back that up.

Thanks!
phillv85
Please Continue...
Initials: PAV

Re: Aero City monitor fitting question.

Post by phillv85 »

A 27" WG will be the same size as a Japanese 29" monitor. US monitors are measured differently.

You might be able to wedge it into an Aero, but it'll look crap, and you'll need to remove the bezel.
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

You want a 25" WG (63cm). It's a common monitor size in the US.
mylz

Post by mylz »

I've been googling around and I cant find a 25" monitor near me. I'm so tempted to jump on this 27" and just try to stuff it in there. It'll at least fit into the cabinet right? I'm okay replacing the plastic bezel.

I really don't want to go the LCD route. Maybe find a household crt TV that I can take out of the case?
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

The mounting points are designed to fit a 25" screen. You will have to cut the mounting posts and probably the support bars. Please don't do this.

The TV tube is a better idea.
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

Well, I just tried this. As I expected, it's a poor idea.

First off, you will have to lose the prop rod for the monitor surround:

aero_ms9_29_1.jpg

Then you will have to cut all four mounting posts and angle gride new cuts into the left and right upper supports:

aero_ms9_29_2.jpg

However, like this it will sit too high, so if you want it centered vertically, you will have to cut in to the lower bar as well.

And if you want it looking pretty, you will need a new bezel for it.

It's just an overall bad idea. Make a post on Arcade-Museum and say you're looking for either a Nanao MS8-26 or a 25" 15khz Wells Gardner (K7000, K7400, maybe others). They're out there.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mylz

Post by mylz »

Haha wow you are amazing. That's exactly what I needed to see. I really appreciate your effort and talking me out of it. I was confident that I'd be able to pull it off with some slight modification but that's clearly not the case. Thanks!