MS9 Nanao Toshiba monitor

Arcade cabinet hardware and accessories
Benimaru7
eBay: Benimaru7
Initials: Ben

MS9 Nanao Toshiba monitor

Post by Benimaru7 »

I've got an MS9 monitor in my Astro City but it has burn like most of them, I find it can be a bit distracting when playing games with particular colour backgrounds. :(

I would ideally like to get a new or more likely a screen with less burn so its not evident while playing. :awe: I realise these are getting thin on the ground and didn't know if there was anywhere in the world to get hold of one (I'm in the UK) I'm happy to import.

The other thought was getting an alternative screen that will work with the MS9 chassis? I've seen some but the curvature doesn't match since they are normally flatter which can affect geometry slightly. Then there is whether the quality is on par, which seems debatable too. The only other screen I have access too is a Bang & Olufsen 68cm Phillips tube (with digital convergence), no idea if it'll work with the MS9 chassis as I don't have the tools to measure it. :oops:
Benimaru7
eBay: Benimaru7
Initials: Ben

Re: MS9 Nanao Toshiba monitor

Post by Benimaru7 »

Checked the B&O but its too small for the frame. :lol:

So it looks like the notorious Toshiba A68KJU96X is the monitor that is needed. Will see if I can locate one while over in Japan.