Does Sega use a Universal Kick Harness?

Arcade cabinet hardware and accessories
atiyatalla
Please Continue...
eBay: atiyatalla

Does Sega use a Universal Kick Harness?

Post by atiyatalla »

Im new to the arcade scene,

so this is prob a noob question, Do the Sega cabinets have a universal kick harness because i'm used to working on jamaa cabinets and they have a different type of cable for the kick harness and i'm reading about astro city cabinets and noticed that all Sega harnesses have the same end adapter. Are they all the same or different? Thanks
DaveyD
eBay: Dr_Daph
Initials: DPD

Re: Does Sega use a Universal Kick Harness?

Post by DaveyD »

I believe the kick harness are wired different for naomi/Net city and Astro city.

https://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/w/Sega_Naomi_Universal
mRCaESaR
eBay: mr_caesar81
Initials: JTL

Post by mRCaESaR »

From the two Sega candies I've worked on, they're definitely not "universal".

The Astro City uses a 10 plug TE Amp connector whilst the Naomi Universal (and all subsequent cabs of that shape) uses a 15 plug TE Amp connector.

Astro and Naomi's will always be different though since the Astro is a passthrough due to jamma not having 6 buttons by default whilst in a Naomi, it's handled via the JVS I/O.
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

mRCaESaR wrote: August 7th, 2019, 12:36 amThe Astro City uses a 10 plug TE Amp connector whilst the Naomi Universal (and all subsequent cabs of that shape) uses a 15 plug TE Amp connector.
There's an adapter available to use an older kick harness on Naomi Universal / Net City, so it's not that big of a deal. The pinout is just different.