Blast City PSU recap necessary?

Arcade cabinet hardware and accessories
BuggeringHell
Please Continue...
eBay: cryptodechange
Initials: TEP

Blast City PSU recap necessary?

Post by BuggeringHell »

I powered on my Blast City for the first time tonight using a Sega NAOMI and noticed that the voltage reading on my JAMMA adaptor is ~4.7, sometimes dropping to 4.6 during game play.

I am slowly dismantling the cab to give it a good clean/repaint where necessary so I figured I could do the same for the PSU in terms of capping if it's required here.

DaveyD
eBay: Dr_Daph
Initials: DPD

Re: Blast City PSU recap necessary?

Post by DaveyD »

It's that with the 5v pot turned to max?
Samelak
eBay: Samelak

Post by Samelak »

If you have never taken apart your PSU, I'd recommend doing so. The amount of dust will both amaze and disgust you. I recapped mine and changed the fan while in there. Super easy job to do.
LegoYoda
eBay: neomonster
Initials: AGD

Post by LegoYoda »

As Davey D said, is that witht he 5V pot turned up?... every time you add an adapter in line you'll get a (small) drop. 4.75 is within (5% margin but NAOMI system are mega senitive to voltage). looking in the cab from the front towards the PSU you'll notice two small holes in the metal.. behind these are the voltage adjustment pots, you dont need to take it apart just adjust.....

Do take the PSU apart though, mine was not super dusty but the fan had failed and that would have killed the PSU in the long run. easy job to replace...
Alec
----------------------------------------
Owning a Blast City: Fixing and Repairing -http://retrogamingstuff.wordpress.com/