Blast City Speakers

Arcade cabinet hardware and accessories
Andypc
eBay: Andyapc
Initials: APC

Blast City Speakers

Post by Andypc »

I am restoring a Blast City at the moment, but the foam on the speakers has rotted. The Wiki says they can be re-foamed https://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/w/Sega_Blast_City_Speakers

I can't find foam rings to fit? Does anyone repair these speakers or know where to get a repair kit that will fit them? Does anyone have these speakers for sale?

These are the actual speakers http://www.toptone.co.jp/en/products/fu ... U01-1.html
“You can have it any colour you want, so long as it’s black.” Henry Ford
Wanted:- Tehkan World Cup cab
KaPH33n
Please Continue...
eBay: KaPH33n
Initials: CJM

Re: Blast City Speakers

Post by KaPH33n »

This is the main problem that has plagued us for a decade or so. The foam rot is real. Getting NOS speakers doesn't help because the foam is so fragile at this point it breaks away in shipping/installation.

Refoaming is the best answer imo. I've tried some of the other replacement speaker options and the tone is not top... I haven't successfully done it myself but I'm willing to try once I get some free time open up in my schedule. Probably going to just use some kind of special glue and a sheet of foam from amazon. I can use a laser cutter to cut out acrylic templates so that the shape of the foam is at least right...
Andypc
eBay: Andyapc
Initials: APC

Post by Andypc »

If you are able to cut the foam to the right shape I would be interested. :thumbup:
“You can have it any colour you want, so long as it’s black.” Henry Ford
Wanted:- Tehkan World Cup cab
djcalle
Please Continue...
eBay: thlecomte
Initials: LUD

Post by djcalle »

+1

It would be great to find a way to restore the originals.

I installed the cheapo replacements from Ali and am getting good results wiith a sub and a tweak on the tweeters:
viewtopic.php?t=33425