Blast City - Screws, Sync, and Artwork

Arcade cabinet hardware and accessories
Kadrik0
Please Continue...
eBay: burrwoody

Blast City - Screws, Sync, and Artwork

Post by Kadrik0 »

Hi,

I bought a blast city and just trying to get some final tweaks done to get it as close to perfect as I can for an old cab. I need to find some replacement parts and I have a question about the sync.

1) It came this way but I am missing two screws. These are the same screws you use on the back of the cabinet to attach the crt service panel as well as the the back metal panel on the marquee. Does anyone know the m# and length in mm so I can buy replacements off ebay? I'm borrowing two middle screws from the back of the marquee but want to get some cheap replacement screws.

2) I ordered a repro blast city marquee insert but it had some issues with smudges and overall the colors bleed through too much with a backlight. The one that came with my cab has a 5" crack to the left of the blast city logo as well as other small cosmetic flaws. Does anyone make a great repo blast city marquee insert or know where you can get used inserts? I have an alert setup on ebay.

3) I'm trying to get sync to work correctly with my j-pac setup. At the moment it works if I set my jpac to 15khz mode and set vmmaker to 15khz only and I using the jamma edge. I have no issues with my mvs or cps2 with darksoft boards. However, if I set vmmaker to tri sync (I confirmed it is ms-2931) and running straight from the pc to the db15 connector but the sync is off and I tried adjusting fh0 and fh0-fine adjustments but no luck. I read online that removing the jumpers and adding solder to bridge the h and v sync pins on the j-pac is supposed to work as well but not on my setup. If I change vmmaker back to 15khz only I still run into the sync issue and I tried moving the fh0 and fh0-fine (horizontal sync check) 10 + and - from the perfect setting I use when running j-pac but no dice when I go straight to the db15 connection. Is there something else I should check? I don't have any other arcade boards to check if 31khz works. For now I am back at running vm maker at 15khz and removed the bridged pins on jpac so it can run at 15khz. Makes me wonder if it is my monitor and I need a recap but I want to check here first and then the groovymame forums as well to see if I am missing something obvious like another sync menu setting or a sync dial on the back of the crt. I skimmed the ms-2931 manual but I am not seeing anything else to change. The only thing I can think of is I read one forum post where they mentioned disconnecting a connection on the back of the crt when using the db15 and disabling the jamma video input so only one signal is coming in at a time but I can't seem to find that post or pictures showing the connector when I searched this weekend. Don't want to go yanking connectors and turning the monitor on. This is my first and probably last crt cab due to space in the game room.

It's coming along. The blast was in B- condition with very minor sb, so I have been cleaning it up, replaced the panel, replaced the button harnesses, replaced sticks, replaced buttons, bought new marquee artwork (marvel vs sf), new balast and light, new psu fan, upcoming taito seats, modified coin mech for quarters, touch up paint as needed, replaced locks with happ locks, added 2.1 logitech sound system, wired in rca sound to my jpac since I just have the standard jamma loom, tweaked convergence with strips, and repurposed pc speakers to amp the jamma sound. Finally completely playable this weekend. Took two months to get akishop to ship my panel, buttons, and sticks since I only had a broken off ball top stick and 4 wobbly semi broken buttons. Been a long wait since I've only had the cab 7 weeks but I found ways to still play with a handicap.