Help! Sega Racer bezel with correct curvature

Arcade cabinet hardware and accessories
Akuma
Can't stay away from students
eBay: Akuma.from.the.Arcade

Help! Sega Racer bezel with correct curvature

Post by Akuma »

Hi guys. My Sega Strike Fighter STD came with a Sanwa 29E31S. I want to swap it with a Nanao MS-2932 which, as you know, has a different curvature. Therefore, I am looking for the SEGA part number for the bezel of the same style but with the correct curvature. Please refer to the attached image and please note the design of the speaker openings.

Anyone able to help?? Thanks!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
outrun2
eBay: thefonzzz
Initials: GAZ

Re: Help! Sega Racer bezel with correct curvature

Post by outrun2 »

I think at my last count it was four or five different versions of these bezels. You'll probably have a POD-1022 in there if it's a Sanwa 29e31s.

If you're going to replace with a Nanao MS2932 you ideally want a bezel from an F355 twin. It's stated as TTR-1067X in the manual.

I might still have one spare that had a small crack, but shipping would be tricky and it might end up with more cracks by the time it got to you :(

Some Model 3 drivers have these bezels also - I think Japanese version cabs like Daytona 2 that had the MS9/Toshiba tube, where the UK builds had MS9/Hitachi tubes.. or something.. but it's late and I can't check right now. Time for bed :yawn:
Wanted:
Sega Model 3 Emergency Call Ambulance ROM board or complete Step 2 boardset.
Akuma
Can't stay away from students
eBay: Akuma.from.the.Arcade

Re: Help! Sega Racer bezel with correct curvature

Post by Akuma »

Bumping this as I really need to find a fitting bezel in a decent condition.