Vewlix marquee holder - to glow or not to glow

Arcade cabinet hardware and accessories
ckong
Please Continue...

Vewlix marquee holder - to glow or not to glow

Post by ckong »

I'm making reproductions of the Vewlix marquee holder. They are meade of the same material as the original ones, a back layer of 5mm thick cast acrylic and a front thin 0.75mm clear film. Here is an example of one that I made recently, on a customer's Vewlix >

As you see it's crystal clear. :) But some guys ask me if I can also make marquee holders that 'glow', apparently like the original marquee holders. Like this >

But I don't think that this 'glow' is caused by the type of acrylic. I have an original one in house and it's made of cast acrylic, just like my repro's. The only difference is that the bottom edge of the orignal marquee holder is not clear / see through, but it's like the edge has been treated with sandpaper. And of course the marquee holder has to be edge lid at the bottom by leds, just like the one above. Unfortunately I don't have a Vewlix cabinet, so I can't check or test it. But can someone tell me if this 'glow' effect is normal for all Vewlix marquee holders (I didn't find any other pictures with this glow)? Or is it only there for certain Vewlix types?

If I know how it is done, I might be able to reproduce that glow effect as well.

BTW, I personally don't like the glow effect because you will see every scratch or fingerprint on the acrylic.
SaikyoNoTora
Please Continue...
eBay: bushi82jutaijutsu
Initials: SNT

Re: Vewlix marquee holder - to glow or not to glow

Post by SaikyoNoTora »

Hi! I'm looking for a marquee for super neo 29. I saw, in one of your posts, that you have to sell both original and reproduction is right? :)
ckong
Please Continue...

Post by ckong »

I only make and sell reproduction marquee holders.

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=38792
SaikyoNoTora
Please Continue...
eBay: bushi82jutaijutsu
Initials: SNT

Post by SaikyoNoTora »

Ok, as I said, I'm interested in the super neo 29. I read 55 euros and 15.50 for shipping in Europe. I Live in Italy.
OOk tell me how we can get together. I'll send you the friendship in the meantime. :)
newbong
Please Continue...
eBay: newbong85

Post by newbong »

Hey, that’s my garage wall in the background. ;) I can confirm vewlix F and FC (red) have a led strip underneath the holder. My L did not have It though.
LupinTheThird
Please Continue...
eBay: guymelfe

Post by LupinTheThird »

newbong wrote: May 29th, 2019, 7:40 am Hey, that’s my garage wall in the background. ;) I can confirm vewlix F and FC (red) have a led strip underneath the holder. My L did not have It though.
Do you have official Vewlix units? I'm looking to buy one (preferably new). Where did you purchase yours?
newbong
Please Continue...
eBay: newbong85

Post by newbong »

LupinTheThird wrote: June 17th, 2019, 4:00 pm
newbong wrote: May 29th, 2019, 7:40 am Hey, that’s my garage wall in the background. ;) I can confirm vewlix F and FC (red) have a led strip underneath the holder. My L did not have It though.
Do you have official Vewlix units? I'm looking to buy one (preferably new). Where did you purchase yours?
PM sent.
JDLionStyle
Please Continue...
eBay: DownrightFierce
Initials: JDL

Post by JDLionStyle »

Hi CKong, How do I go about getting info to purchase from you the Marquee Holder you have displayed with the CVS2 art?