Blast city sound from only one speaker when cps2 is hooked up through stereo [SOLVED]

Arcade cabinet hardware and accessories
Azezzara
Please Continue...
eBay: Azezzara
Initials: BOG

Blast city sound from only one speaker when cps2 is hooked up through stereo [SOLVED]

Post by Azezzara »

Hi
I've recently bought a sega blast city, and i've been using it alot and honestly loving it.
I mostly have been playing my mvs and cps2 hardware on it, and everything works as it should.

Except for one thing. The Qsound on my cps2.
Let me explain. When the cps2 is hooked up through mono sound, it uses both speakers and creates fake stereo. But i recently tried to use a different jamma loom and it had RCA jacks that i could plug in to the A board. But when I start it up there is only sound from the right speaker.

I have checked the settings and it should be set up to Qsound (it's all in japanese so i'm not a 100% sure)
I have also tried switching the RCA jacks on the A board and then I can hear the left channel coming out from the right speaker. So the board should be outputting both channels.
I'm honestly so lost in what might be the problem here. Any ideas?
Last edited by Azezzara on March 28th, 2019, 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Azezzara
Please Continue...
eBay: Azezzara
Initials: BOG

Re: Blast city sound from only one speaker when cps2 is hooked up through stereo [SOLVED]

Post by Azezzara »

I actually solved it myself this morning. Seems to be a loose connection in the psu stereo amp wiring.
Wiggled it a bit and now it sounds amazing :D