Vewlix : Fastio / JVS PCB questions?

Arcade cabinet hardware and accessories
penrhos
Panel Beater
eBay: ngpd002

Vewlix : Fastio / JVS PCB questions?

Post by penrhos »

Just picked up a pair of Vewlix-F and both are Fastio+Nesica card readers.

90% of the stuff I want to run is plain JVS.

I have one Taito JVS PCB is it just a matter of unplugging the Fastio PCB, swapping the 60-pin, power lead and running a USB cable into the base and leaving the card-reader disconnected?

I know Taito made a Taito 60-pin to Sega 60-pin adapter PCB does anyone have the pinout or a copy of the manual as I might try making a cross-over cable to replicate the same function.
t-s-pcb-f.jpg
t-s-pcb-r.jpg
t-s-cable.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2 * Vewlix Diamond Blacks,2 * Vewlix-F, 1 * Sega Rally 3, 1 * Video Pinball, 1 * DinoKing (JAMMA Converted).
wigsplitta
Savile's alibi

Re: Vewlix : Fastio / JVS PCB questions?

Post by wigsplitta »

penrhos wrote: February 1st, 2019, 12:19 pm I have one Taito JVS PCB is it just a matter of unplugging the Fastio PCB, swapping the 60-pin, power lead and running a USB cable into the base and leaving the card-reader disconnected?
Yep, that will work nicely. The fast IO pinout is the same as the normal IO

I've also got one of the Sega-Taito adaptors that you've pictured. I'll try and dig it out to get the pinout for you. I could do with something similar for Konami-Sage/Taito. The Windy II JVS IO doesn't like anything I've connected to it yet! :problem:
I Got PAID...
ウィッグスプリッター - スーパーガレージゲームセンター。
Hackcell
eBay: jaczeld
Initials: DJV

Re: Vewlix : Fastio / JVS PCB questions?

Post by Hackcell »

Question concerning JVS boards.... from what I've heard one of the feastest jvs boards is the SEGA 837-14572. Is that correct or is it anything (USB based) faster?