Rhythm Tengoku controls

Arcade cabinet hardware and accessories
zak
Acetated
eBay: NA

Rhythm Tengoku controls

Post by zak »

Can this be played with standard can controls? i.e. joysticks and 2 buttons.

Was thinking of getting it for my Egret, but I don't have a custom panel/wiring etc.

Has anyone tried?
FrancoB
J+ member of the year finalist!
eBay: francosquashking
Initials: FRN

Re: Rhythm Tengoku controls

Post by FrancoB »

Obviously it runs on Naomi/JVS but as long as you can run that in your cab than yes, it just uses UDLR, Start, Button 1 and Button 2 for each player. To run it in a E2 you're going to need something like a Capcom IO, Sega 838-13683-93 'Rev B' JAMMA IO or some kind of custom JVS IO setup

You also have the ability to light up the buttons when pressed and also light up the applicable buttons for the particular round but for that you would need either a Sega 837-13844-02 [JVS I/O Control Board Type 2] IO or a Sega 837-14572 [JVS I/O Control Board Type 3] IO. The Sega 837-13551-92 [JVS I/O Control Board Type 1] IO doesn't have any digital outputs to switch the lamps/LEDs on/off.

For reference, here's the Type 2 and Type 3 IO digital output pinouts for the lamps:

Type 2 (34pin AMP RA connector) :

Type 3 (60 and 20 pin AMP RA connectors) :

Dache

Post by Dache »

Here someone else's custom panel for it: https://www.arcade-projects.com/forums/ ... oku-panel/
zak
Acetated

Post by zak »

FrancoB wrote: December 17th, 2018, 5:25 pm Obviously it runs on Naomi/JVS but as long as you can run that in your cab than yes, it just uses UDLR, Start, Button 1 and Button 2 for each player. To run it in a E2 you're going to need something like a Capcom IO, Sega 838-13683-93 'Rev B' JAMMA IO or some kind of custom JVS IO setup

You also have the ability to light up the buttons when pressed and also light up the applicable buttons for the particular round but for that you would need either a Sega 837-13844-02 [JVS I/O Control Board Type 2] IO or a Sega 837-14572 [JVS I/O Control Board Type 3] IO. The Sega 837-13551-92 [JVS I/O Control Board Type 1] IO doesn't have any digital outputs to switch the lamps/LEDs on/off.

For reference, here's the Type 2 and Type 3 IO digital output pinouts for the lamps:

Type 2 (34pin AMP RA connector) :

Type 3 (60 and 20 pin AMP RA connectors) :

Thanks Franco :) I guess I can live without the light up buttons. Got a Naomi and Capcom IO ready (and trisync chassis), so I think I'm good to go.

Just need to find the cart for sale now.
zak
Acetated

Post by zak »

Dache wrote: December 17th, 2018, 9:58 pm Here someone else's custom panel for it: https://www.arcade-projects.com/forums/ ... oku-panel/
Nice panel. Wish someone could make one for an Egret :p