Adding Stereo Line In to Blast City

Arcade cabinet hardware and accessories
Zerrminator
Please Continue...
eBay: snk4life

Adding Stereo Line In to Blast City

Post by Zerrminator »

Hey guys,

I recently picked up a Blast City and I really love it. I'd like to add a Stereo RCA or 3.5mm Line In and I'm wondering what's the best/cleanest way of doing it without hacking too much of the original wiring loom. I have a Pandora's Box 3 which has both amplified Mono off the Jamma edge and a Line Out 3.5mm Stereo connect.

Here's what I have:

- Pandora's Box 3 hooked up via Jamma loom
- Currently the cabinet is using the Mono audio off the Jamma edge on the Pandora's Box
- I don't see any RCA or 3.5mm connectors coming off the current loom that came with the cabinet (I can post pictures of my loom if needed)
- I'd like to use the 3.5mm connector on the Pandora's box for Stereo line level (or RCA from a CPS2, PC, Dreamcast, Raspberry Pi down the road)

Is there a specific loom I should consider investing in that adds Stereo in?

My other question is.... how does the Blast City audio amp actually work? What happens if both Mono & Stereo pins are being populated? Does it have an intelligent switch that picks one if both are being fed? Or do you need to make sure only one is ever connected at a time? Could this damage the amp/psu? This would be very specific to say a Pandora's Box which is always pushing both Mono & Stereo at the same time. I don't think you can disable the Mono output from any internal bios settings.

Thanks!
Zerrminator
Please Continue...
eBay: snk4life

Re: Adding Stereo Line In to Blast City

Post by Zerrminator »

From doing more reading it appears what I'm after can be achieved one of two ways:

1. Buy the Jamma/JVS 001 Loom - it seems to include an audio selector allowing you to switch from Jamma Mono or Line In Stereo via RCA
https://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/w/File:Seg ... 43-001.jpg

2. Hack my existing Jamma 600-6738-21 Loom and manually add a toggle selector to switch from Jamma Mono or Line in Stereo via RCA
https://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/w/File:Seg ... 738-21.jpg