Capcom Impress PSU down --> Please HELP!

Arcade cabinet hardware and accessories
neogeohunter
eBay: neogeohunter
Initials: FLO

Capcom Impress PSU down --> Please HELP!

Post by neogeohunter »

I hope someone is able to help me out. Two weeks ago I played some CPS-2 games on my Impress. After capcom mainia I wanted to continue with some MVS games. I connected the Jamma to my 6-Slot and switched on the PSU... nothing no sound, no image, simply nothing. First I switched back to a CPS-2 board... same here no signs of live. Then I checked the PSU inside is something has been burned or is molted... everythging looked fine no smell or overheated parts... then I checked the fuse... everything fine. I tryed to find some information in google for a repair info or a source for a new PSU but wasn't able to finde some. On the case of the PSU there is a sticker with some strange text (image attached). ...So please guys help me out here, I have no clue what to do... HELP! :cry:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ChuChuFlamingo

Re: Capcom Impress PSU down --> Please HELP!

Post by ChuChuFlamingo »

6 Slot MVS isn't jamma though. I hope you had an adapter since the sound pins are not the same. Not sure if it will damage your amplifier/ic on your board on mvs to jamma, but on jamma to mvs it certainly can. Probably unrelated to what happened though.

6 slots draw a lot of power, especially amps. Your psu probably puffed the magic smoke under the stress.
thegreathopper
Geese's Bodyguard
eBay: thegreathopper
Initials: STV

Post by thegreathopper »

Is the fan spinning in the power supply? You need to check you have power out of the power supply.

You need a multi meter.
neogeohunter

Post by neogeohunter »

ChuChuFlamingo wrote: August 25th, 2018, 2:00 pm 6 Slot MVS isn't jamma though. I hope you had an adapter since the sound pins are not the same. Not sure if it will damage your amplifier/ic on your board on mvs to jamma, but on jamma to mvs it certainly can. Probably unrelated to what happened though.

6 slots draw a lot of power, especially amps. Your psu probably puffed the magic smoke under the stress.
Hi! Sure I have an MVS2Jamma adapter... I changed nothing since 2 years and the 6-Slot always worked as intended.
neogeohunter

Post by neogeohunter »

thegreathopper wrote: August 25th, 2018, 4:05 pm Is the fan spinning in the power supply? You need to check you have power out of the power supply.

You need a multi meter.
No the fan isn't spinning when I power the PSU. There also a small power led on the back, which doesn't come up.
thegreathopper
Geese's Bodyguard

Post by thegreathopper »

Do you have power at the Impress power supply? I presume you have taken the cover off of the power supply to check internal fuses..

Be careful the Impress power supply is very close to the monitor neck board, but the great thing is it’s easy to remove.
neogeohunter

Post by neogeohunter »

thegreathopper wrote: August 26th, 2018, 11:35 am Do you have power at the Impress power supply? I presume you have taken the cover off of the power supply to check internal fuses..

Be careful the Impress power supply is very close to the monitor neck board, but the great thing is it’s easy to remove.
yea I removed it from the cab and opened it to check the parts inside. Looks all fine to me, nothing molten or damaged.
thegreathopper
Geese's Bodyguard

Post by thegreathopper »

You are sure your mains cable is ok? from what I recall it uses a 3 pin connector the same as a PC or a kettle.

If you had a multi meter you could check that you have power inside the Impress power supply by removing the cover and testing.
frsj8112
eBay: frsj8112

Post by frsj8112 »

if i remember correctly, the psu in my old impress also went down when i played a MK1 board.
Found that a diode in the PSU had went bad. i measured them with a multimeter.

replaced it and it was up and running again. i did not use that mk1 board again though ;)