Arcade controls to multiple consoles

Arcade cabinet hardware and accessories
Kavas

Arcade controls to multiple consoles

Post by Kavas »

Hello,

I have been trying to come up with a solution for awhile now regarding my arcade controls and how I can have them jacked into multiple places. More specifically, I have the Brook Universal Fighting Board inside my Taito Vewlix. I want to connect to the PC via USB, as well as atleast 2 other consoles (PS4, PS3), without having to go under the hood and change the usb on the PCB. I bought this (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JX ... UTF8&psc=1) Sabrent 4-Port USB 3.0 Hub, thinking I could then send out the input signals to whatever device was turned on. For whatever reason the signal never makes it past this hub. I thought it might not be getting enough juice, so I bought a power adapter for the Hub, and still no go. I thought the cord length might be the issue, but the 10 foot usb cable directly connected to the PCB works fine, and with the hub powered I doubt it doesnt have the power needed to make it.

I am not sure what else to do. I would like to just sit my pc/consoles underneath the Vewlix compartment and forget about them, and whenever I want to play something specific the only thing I need to do is power on the pc/console of choice. Am I going about this wrong? Am I a dummy for thinking this might work? Any words of wisdom would be appreciated!