NNC with Atomiswave?

Arcade cabinet hardware and accessories
Rickie82
Please Continue...
eBay: rickijohannesso-0
Initials: Ric

NNC with Atomiswave?

Post by Rickie82 »

Hello newb to both this site and arcade gaming.

After having played some old school arcade games at a pub i pretty much instantly boght myself a cab.
Ofcourse with little to no information.

Mentiond I wanted atomiswave fist of the north star as my end goal. Seller recomended a nnc with that sweet screen.

I'm still in the restoration face of the cab itself. Just curios if what I'm planning is a good idea or if it even works.

I will need to put in a jamma harness. Since everything is marked up nicly on the i/o board I'm planning on splicing cabels there and piggyback them.

Will just plug in the monitor with existing cable and enable 31hz on the Atomiswave.

The nnc has a amplifyer. I saw a guide here on the wiki on how to put in rca cabels to enable a hookup.

So concerns right now is if my idea of installing the jamma harness is good or if there is a better way.
Hope I have understood the rca guide corctly and it will actually work.

Also if People have general tips for this I'm willing to listen.

Sorry for my **** english.
SuperPang
Master or universe
eBay: *_*
Initials: JOE

Re: NNC with Atomiswave?

Post by SuperPang »

If you can find one, the Konami JVS-JAMMA adapter is wired for 5 buttons and so would be a plug and play solution.
kazuo

Post by kazuo »

I would go with the JAMMAfier from invzim:
https://www.arcade-projects.com/forums/ ... #post97220

The first batch is sold out at the moment, but this is a fully plug and play solution for any JAMMA board on a New Net City.
invzim
eBay: prrole

Post by invzim »

I'm not intimate with the atomiswave motherboard, but I see that it has a few oddities like only sending composite sync via the VGA connector? Also not sure about the audio, so no guarantees - check out https://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/w/Sammy_At ... are_Manual

For controls though and mono audio via the jamma edge, it should be a straight fit.

Do you already have a motherboard, and can you get a picture plugging it straight into the cab via VGA cable?

Maybe someone else here can shed some light on the atomiswave..
I make and sell cool Arcade stuff, check out https://irkenlabs.com/ - In The Name of Science!
Rickie82
Please Continue...

Post by Rickie82 »

Havent gotten a motherboard yet.

I guess I will que up for a jammafier either way thou. Might come in handy regardless.
So expect a order in near future.
I'll fiddle about a bit and see what happens.

That jvs pac I saw at your site looks cool also.
SuperPang
Master or universe
eBay: *_*
Initials: JOE

Post by SuperPang »

invzim wrote: August 17th, 2018, 12:17 am can you get a picture plugging it straight into the cab via VGA cable?
Yes.
Rickie82
Please Continue...

Post by Rickie82 »

So qued up for a jammafier from invzim. Hope he accapts and make me one in the near future ;)

Planning to still conect the vga cable straight to the atomiswave. And try the install rca outlet on motherboard for stereo sound.
So those two will not be conected to the jammafier. Unless I really need to.

So still need to get a eu2jp power converter. Atomiswave motherboard with some games. New buttons and some bling.

Still grinding for the repaint thou.
And here I tought this would be a fun easy and not to expensive little project. Oh dear me... :)
Rickie82
Please Continue...

Post by Rickie82 »

Got my Jammafier. Worked well, then my JVS USB cable snapped so I dident get much testing done ^^

So some concerns moving forward.
1. Replace the JVS USB cable. I asume any USB cable will do?
2. Light tube appears to be broken, so will need to find a replacment for that to.
3. Fans. The cpu and small chassi fan apears to be not working. Also the fan in the Atomiswave is way to loud.
4. Have a crack in the front panal. Thinking Glue and ducktape on the back.

Still think I'm gonna try for the stereo sound, even tough I am pleased with it as it is now.