Arcade cabinet hardware and accessories
KrazyPT
Please Continue...
eBay: european_auto_recycling_online
Initials: KRZ

Initial D Version 3 , Card reader to Cab question

Post by KrazyPT »

Hey Guys

Got a Japan Cab Initial D version 3. The card reader in the system settings is saying its not connected. I checked connections on the actual card reader, they seem to be connected. My question is, where do these trace back to?

Attached are pictures of the reader and under the seat cab

Guy I purchased from confirmed prior to shipment everything worked etc.

geotrig
Potato!
eBay: ._.

Re: Initial D Version 3 , Card reader to Cab question

Post by geotrig »

Go to where the power cord gets plugged in at the back. The wires from the coin tower should connect in there.

Do you have cable with connectors coming out of the coin tower?

<trk>:I remember catching a big fat one and my friend said "throw it back in, that one already tastes like wood"
outrun2
eBay: thefonzzz
Initials: GAZ

Post by outrun2 »

Has it been disabled in the service menu? Go into TEST and then GAME ASSIGNMENTS to check the card reader is enabled.

If it is do you hear the motor initialise (makes a noise) just after the game has booted - you should hear it and also get the drive board test.
Wanted:
Sega Model 3 Emergency Call Ambulance ROM board or complete Step 2 boardset.
KrazyPT
Please Continue...

Post by KrazyPT »

outrun2 wrote:Has it been disabled in the service menu? Go into TEST and then GAME ASSIGNMENTS to check the card reader is enabled.

If it is do you hear the motor initialise (makes a noise) just after the game has booted - you should hear it and also get the drive board test.

Its enabled in the TEST / Game Assignments section, telling me No connection.

I've checked the connection to the back of the machine, all seems to be plugged in, the coin chute etc all works fine.
Hearing no noise after game boot.
KrazyPT
Please Continue...

Post by KrazyPT »

Kinda a odd request, does anyone have any pictures of the exact area their card reader plugs in? I can see the metal plug going into the rear of the cab near the power cord, all ports etc are plugged into the actual card reader.

Any help is appreciated. Guy I purchased from is willing to send parts if I can confirm 100% its a bad unit.
outrun2
eBay: thefonzzz
Initials: GAZ

Post by outrun2 »

If you're handy with a multimeter you might want to check that the reader is getting power.

The small rectangular shaped power supply shown in the bottom-left of your internal photo is the card reader PSU - check that it's getting 100VAC on the pink and sky blue wires and that it's outputting +12VDC on the red and white. You can then test similarly on the card reader connectors.

Or just do a continuity test on the red and white wires from PSU to card reader to check without powering up if you're unsure.

At what point does the 'card reader not connected' message appear? I've never seen this, but then I've only ever disabled it in the TEST menu.
Wanted:
Sega Model 3 Emergency Call Ambulance ROM board or complete Step 2 boardset.
KrazyPT
Please Continue...

Post by KrazyPT »

outrun2 wrote:If you're handy with a multimeter you might want to check that the reader is getting power.

The small rectangular shaped power supply shown in the bottom-left of your internal photo is the card reader PSU - check that it's getting 100VAC on the pink and sky blue wires and that it's outputting +12VDC on the red and white. You can then test similarly on the card reader connectors.

Or just do a continuity test on the red and white wires from PSU to card reader to check without powering up if you're unsure.

At what point does the 'card reader not connected' message appear? I've never seen this, but then I've only ever disabled it in the TEST menu.

So I'm getting the not connected error just from the card testing section in the menu.

If its enabled, the game won't start and gives me the CARD R/W Error

I found two black and red wires unplugged in the rear of the cab as well as matching red and black plugs unplugged next to the Player under the seat

Any idea what these go to?
I found an open port on the player and plugged them in, although nothing changed.

https://i.imgur.com/0AuKlhh.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/S81txQv.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/wfzKBRr.jpg
geotrig
Potato!
eBay: ._.

Post by geotrig »

they are just the link up cables for multi cab setup

<trk>:I remember catching a big fat one and my friend said "throw it back in, that one already tastes like wood"