Konami Windy - I need serious help getting it working

Arcade cabinet hardware and accessories
snowblindz
Please Continue...
eBay: snowblindz
Initials: BC

Konami Windy - I need serious help getting it working

Post by snowblindz »

So here's my situation. I recently retrieved my Konami Windy. It has a monitor that the chassis doesn't have a power connector so I have no way of connecting it to the power supply to test it. It has a JAMMA harness that appears to be wired up properly throughout the cabinet. When I power the machine on, the marquee light comes on, so I believe the power supply is functioning properly. It's got original speakers that are wired up. I bought a 29" flat CRT monitor from Xarcade so I could get up and running and do some tests while waiting for the parts I need to get the old Toshiba tube working (If that's even possible).

Everything in the cabinet is hooked up with the exception of the monitor. So I purchased a 999in1 Pandora 5S with CRT support JAMMA board from ebay in hopes that I could test out the new monitor and the wiring in the cabinet. I plugged it in to the harness. Video out is running through a VGA breakout cable from the Pandora to the Makvision monitor set at 15khz/24khz I also tried 31khz setting. I get no picture... the screen does flicker a bit when I turn the cabinet on then it settles. I was also expecting some sound to come out of the speakers when I powered the board on. But nothing happens. I also tried connecting the Pandora via VGA to a VGA capable computer monitor... I then fire up the cabinet to give the board power... still nothing. I really wish I wasn't so clueless about how to get my cabinet working. Any insight into this problem would be great. Possibly just a dud pandora board?

So here's my next thought. Maybe I should redo the wiring of the entire cabinet. I would buy an american arcade power supply and a new JAMMA harness. Though I don't know how I would hook the power up to the Toshiba chassis from that because it uses what looks like a proprietary connector which the Japanese power supply has on it.

I'm stuck and I need a ton of guidance on this. I'm too the point that I might just sell the cabinet as is, because I can't take this head ache. I'm not usually one to give up. But I'm getting old and I don't have time to mess with this stuff as much as before.

It has a Toshiba A68KJU96X monitor in it that worked really well and had no burn in last time that it worked. The chassis blew some components and I sent it off to get it repaired but never followed up on having it sent back (back in 2007) The cabinet is in fair shape. I'm just starting to feel out of my comfort zone on getting this working.

Hoping somebody out there can ease me into getting this all running again.

Thanks!

TL,DR: Need Windy Toshiba power connector that plugs into the power supply. Tried testing a Pandora 5S board with current Jamma wiring and it will not show up on new monitor or make a sound, though power supply seems to be working. Need help bad before I break down and sell cabinet and cry myself to sleep.
grantspain
Tech Head

Re: Konami Windy - I need serious help getting it working

Post by grantspain »

how do you know the power supply is working?
snowblindz
Please Continue...
eBay: snowblindz
Initials: BC

Post by snowblindz »

grantspain wrote:how do you know the power supply is working?
I'm guessing the power supply is working because it's powering the marquee light. That's really the only thing I have to go by.
grantspain
Tech Head

Post by grantspain »

that only proves ac is passing through, you will need a multimeter to read the +5 and +12
yosai
Windy City
eBay: yosai

Post by yosai »

Add grant suggests test the voltages with a meter.

Also **** that pandora box off and get a confirmed working JAMMA board.
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

Try to find someone local that can help you. Arcade-Museum and Arcade-Projects are both US based.